Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D Act One Scene II - Temple District

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Fourier wrote: »
    Citra chuckles

"I say, the halfling is a dab-hand at horses. Show us more little one" she cheers Goodie on.

Goodie was working on this he stands high in the styrips and pulls his Longbow out
    holding a rope he has tied to the reigns in his teeth he steers the mare with knees teeth and luck

he nocks an arrow and takes a shot at a wood pidgeon flying over head

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

OOC:
    Okay make a check against Dexterity [Riding (Horse)], it's hard enough to stay on so +2 to the roll.

OOC:
    Okay make a check against Dexterity [Riding (Horse)], it's hard enough to stay on so +2 to the roll.

ooc so i add dex and riding and roll a d 20
    do i get any thing for the balance skill?

Tigger wrote: »
    ooc rolled a 20

Tigger wrote: »
    OOC: Good point, add it on as well.

• Advertisement

OOC: Good point, add it on as well.

ooc yeah but i rolld a 20

any healers nearby?

Goodie wobbles while preparing the bow and the horse rears up tossing him from the saddle.

"Good try little one, a difficult trick. You see Askit, the halflings they have tenacity, verve. Something you humans lack in this 'advanced city'" She considers for a moment "Well maybe you don't include yourself among humans Askit."

Askit doesn't answer.

Goodie wobbles while preparing the bow and the horse rears up tossing him from the saddle.

"Good try little one, a difficult trick. You see Askit, the halflings they have tenacity, verve. Something you humans lack in this 'advanced city'" She considers for a moment "Well maybe you don't include yourself among humans Askit."

Askit doesn't answer.
    Goody wipes the horse crap from his face as he stands again
    "I'm sorry Golden Beauty your power and strength fill me with wonder but i must practice more before I am worthy of entertaining you"

runs after his horse who he has decided to name "Humility"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

The driver gives an audible harrumph. "Of course I know the way to Cantry, I am a Soetrard Collegiate educated coach driver, I could take you across the Zassan deserts and back without needing to ask the way...." He pauses, pleased with himself "....however, my services are far too exclusive for the likes of you, so run along".

Ekbard to royal carraige driver.
    "so you are well travelled, that is good to know, i hope you dont mind assisting me for one more moment to fill in some blanks for me.
    how far away is cantry? what lies between cantry and blight mountain?"

OOC: sKeith you're my saviour, I had Cantry's name swapped with a later town's on the map! Corrected now.
    sKeith wrote: »
    Ekbard to royal carraige driver.
    "so you are well travelled, that is good to know, i hope you dont mind assisting me for one more moment to fill in some blanks for me.
    how far away is cantry? what lies between cantry and blight mountain?"
    The driver sees a chance to prove his vast geographic knowledge.

"In the main, the less densely populated, both by trees and man, southern portion of the Krastan forests. It is known to be a safe area, provided you are polite to the locals"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Following a disappointingly standard transaction at Donnie's, Othegre returns to the main square riding awkwardly on her unnamed mount to find one of Team Tiddly's members bruised and beshat.
    "My lady if it pleases, you aid I'm imploring,
    My comrade needs help, de****e and succour him"

It's a poor rhyme, but Jammai has never been a stickler.

Ooc : cure light wounds, beeyatch! I'm going to follow my colleagues' lead and sleep now to regain my powers...

OOC: sKeith your my saviour, I had Cantry's name swapped with a later town's on the map! Corrected now.

"In the main, the less densely populated, both by trees and man, southern portion of the Krastan forests. It is known to be a safe area, provided you are polite to the locals"

ooc
    he is the detail dude

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

OOC: sKeith your my saviour, I had Cantry's name swapped with a later town's on the map! Corrected now.

OOC: Two ways to blight mountain, Cantry or Thurmonton, both forks reunite at blight mountain. I believe it was Castius who explained that to us, and then asked his buddy how much further after that. Bloody imcompetent royal driver didn't even tell me how far away it is, lol. But if its southern end of forest, then cant be more than 5 days away. (encumbrance 3). Thanks Fourier, really enjoying this.

Goodie is practising jumping his horse over things, being a hafling its always nice to have the height that riding gives you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Elin is snoozing with her horsey.

Goodie climbs up onto a tavern roof
    he leaps down trying to land on his horses back, she moves, splat.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Bandylegs opens his backpack and puts his hammer back in it again. He hangs his shield off his back, and attaches his axe to the hoop on his armour. He keeps the two sheets of paper he took from Askit's desk hidden within. He then loads up his horse and puts everything else into the saddlebag, apart from the pick which he hangs from the side.

OOC: Okay so I have an automatic +1 encumbrance for the banded mail I think. Have 5 items on my person and that leaves me at +1

Horse has encumbrance of +2, or +8 when I get onto him (dwarf + 5 and another +1 for 5 items)

Othegre rises from her nap with a start, the faint memory of a voice still echoing in her ears and the symbol of Inquisition ghosting in every blink of her gummy eyelids. There is something she must do! Two things, if you count getting some sort of ointment for what might develop into conjunctivitis, but she can make a wort for that, it'll be fine. Without pausing to inventory her equipment in any meaningful or legally binding way, she screams "Stay there, you dark horse you!" to her as yet unnamed mount and runs full pelt to Donnie's discount weaponaporium. Again. She races to the counter and slams her hands down on the counter, asking "tell me more about these previously owned and cursed armours!"

*OOC - sorry, I had really poor coverage yesterday and completely missed the cue. It is exactly the kind of dodgy crap I should be buying! Also, can I examine Donnie's for a secret door, maybe one that leads to a magical world of adventure, because it seems like it's the only shot we have of ever leaving this city :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

Citra smiles, although given the size of her mouth, passersby think she is preparing to swallow BandyLegs.

"Ah the warrior princess, Askit told me you had crossed the deserts of Zassan. It is a dark errand, but a potentially lucrative one. We will sup together indeed. I'll finally learn how you escaped that giant scorpion"

"She behaved herself for us. A fine horse, not Soetrardian breed I think, is she from your homeland me lady? The city's best armourer is probably Ohmbryn Wysamoira, he lives down at the docks. Not always at his shop, but should be there today. I think.

Well that's best in terms of quality. Donnie the Elf has good armour taken from the rest of the city's armourer's. Unless Ohmbryn can be convinced to give you a masterwork, you're probably best heading to Donnie's."

Indeed she is from my homeland, and is nothing like Soetrardian horses, not that Soetrardians are bad horses mind. See to it that she is ready to go when I return please, while I check in with the armourer.

Xanthea visits the docks, but it seems Ohmbryn has closed up shop for a while. Donnie's will have to do, as the group can't stay here forever!

In the discount Elf's superstore

"Hail Discount Elf! *removes helm and padded armour* What will you give me for these items? The helm is a good disguise, but where I am going, I will not need to be disguised. As for the armour, well, I'm going to need proper armour, not just a bit of padding!"

"So, I will need:
    Chain Mail and Shield
    A Two handed sword
    A hemp rope
    A saddle bag
    5 days feed for a horse"

Xanthea gathers the items, pays the elf, and returns to ready the horse.

She speaks only into BandyLegs's head:

"Very honourable Dwarf and in line with Vergadain's philosophy, if I remember the treatise of Doldar IV. Have you read his 'Vergadain, of luck or source of luck?'. Four volumes in total, it's interesting not just as a tome on Vergadainology, but of certain theological questions in general...."

She drones on, but her knowledge of Dwarven culture would scarcely be surpassed by the best Rune Masters BandyLegs knew in his youth.

Bandylegs feigns interest for a little while then tires of hearing about things he is already aware of.

'You know your lore, Citra. Now I must go. I have my end of our bargain to keep. Tell me, when I collect the treasure from within, how will I transport it back here to ya? We're supposed to be off on yer quest fer god's blood after that... I could leave it somewhere for ye but cannit guarantee it's safety once I leave.'

• Advertisement

Goodie was talking to a afarrier who told him that a Gaurd he knows said that fighter Goodie is "following" got 1000gp for their help

The little halfling is sick of not getting his dues from his family and he not starting this adventure with people attempting to pull the wool over his eyes

Bandylegs turns to his horse who he has now loaded with supplies. He admires the black mare's shiny coat.

'We shall have to think of a name for you dear, we shall be travelling together for some time I expect. Hmmmm.... I've got it. Shadeflame. Yeah, I like it!'

Goodie rides past sitting backwards on Humility
    hearing the Dwarf call his horse by a goblin name made him giggle so much he fell off again

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

OOC: Apologies for the long absence, it's been a very hectic weekend.

Saeros: We should regroup with the others but I really need to eat and sleep and study my spell book. As for the Shadow plane I think I might return there someday, t'is a a rare source of information. How often do we get to talk with those who have passed beyond this realm. There must be secrets that we can profit from in abundance there, buried in the memories of the departed.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Necrominus wrote: »
    Bandylegs feigns interest for a little while then tires of hearing about things he is already aware of.

'You know your lore, Citra. Now I must go. I have my end of our bargain to keep. Tell me, when I collect the treasure from within, how will I transport it back here to ya? We're supposed to be off on yer quest fer god's blood after that... I could leave it somewhere for ye but cannit guarantee it's safety once I leave.'
    "Leave that to me Dwarf. The treasure at Thurmumton is something I have long had an interest in, I will be sure I receive it. Should things go well I will be capable of meeting you in Thurmunton."

Banjo wrote: »
    "Stay there, you dark horse you!" to her as yet unnamed mount and runs full pelt to Donnie's discount weaponaporium. Again. She races to the counter and slams her hands down on the counter, asking "tell me more about these previously owned and cursed armours!"
    Donnie smiles.

"Not such a cynic now are we? Well for this week only I have cursed Leather Armour and a cursed mace. The mace comes with a Donnie the Discount Elf pencil in addition to its curse, only 2GP"

ooc

you know thats a dragon right?

you know never make a deal with a dragon , never nnoy a dragon always praise a dragon they can fly and stuff.

Askit speaks aloud.

"I believe you are all close to having sufficient provisions. Let us take our leave fellow Clerics and lady Citra, that these heroes may obtain the blood of the old god for the good of our great city"

The Clerics blink out of existence one by one, until only Askit remains. He looks a little while at Ekbard and then blinks away as well

"Good luck adventurers, hopefully I'll see you all soon" Citra utters as her palanquin is pulled away toward the royal palace.

Donnie smiles.

"Not such a cynic now are we? Well for this week only I have cursed Leather Armour and a cursed mace. The mace comes with a Donnie the Discount Elf pencil in addition to its curse, only 2GP"

"Hmmm... People hit me. People hit me a lot. I'm not sure leather will get me very far. How tough is it? And maces are a bit... Linear. I'm more of a flail gal. But tell me more about this pencil!"

Ooc - I'm planning on going with chainmail but that's for the AC, not the look. Haggle! I have to keep the flail for religious reasons.

• Advertisement

Banjo wrote: »
    "Hmmm... People hit me. People hit me a lot. I'm not sure leather will get me very far. How tough is it? And maces are a bit... Linear. I'm more of a flail gal. But tell me more about this pencil!"
    "Well it's the first in the line of our exclusive merchandise, it's capable of writing on wet paper, so even in the dampest caverns she'll serve you.

I don't wish to sound conceited, but I'd venture she's the best bloody pencil in this whole city, but if the pencilcrafter guild ask, I didn't say so."

Advertisement