Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D Act One Scene II - Temple District

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Bandylegs has another thought and quickly runs back to Donnie's as fast as his little legs can carry him.

'Hey, you there elf. Give me one of those dwarven shields. Not worried about discounts this time, I'm in a hurry!'

Bandylegs tosses 10GP on the counter and equips his shield to the back of his armor before heading back to the meeting point.

OOC: That puts me at 8 items (assuming multiples don't count) which still only gives me a +1 encumbrance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

*ekbard returns after quickly popping into donnies and to pick up a bed roll*

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Carrador's:
    Lord TSC wrote: »
    Alexander: Earlier, when the guards came looking for adventurers, one of them had a blue stone that glowed when it got near me. A magic detector? I've never seen one before. It worried me. Do you know where they might have gotten it? Or is it dangerous?
    "A what?!" he says startled and immediately flicks his fingers.

Two of the book cases bend away from each other revealing a garden with metal coloured plants behind them. As Carrador walks the garden some of the plants reach out to feed, he tosses one a rat taken from a portal he quickly opens up.

At the back of the garden is a large book chained to a pillar. Carrador hastily reads a few pages and tuts to himself.

Returning and sealing the bookcases again he says:

"Items like that were possessions of ancient mages. Looks like the clerics have gotten their hands on one, that confirms something for me and I can understand their motivations. They're probably going to ask you to visit the home of an old colleague of mine, a long way from here in the wrecklands."

He rummages about and finds a blank sheet of paper and gives it to Alexander

"Here you go, this will ink itself when the time is right, until then leave it be"

He pauses

"And good luck boy"

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Bandylegs is still thinking about the dwarven merchants words to him. He mutters to himself:

'Two of us may not be enough. I might have to cut some more in.'

He notices Elin standing to the side and sidles up to her.

'Psst... I know who ye are, lass. You're one of them sneaky kind, aren't ya? Don't worry, ye have nothing to fear from Bandylegs. Listen, I heard tell of treasure in Thurmunton from one of my kind. If you'd be interested, I can cut you in on the proceeds should there be any. I don't want to say anymore with Frilly Knickers hanging about. I told Ekbard yonder too, but no one else yet.'

• Registered Users Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

She eyes up Bandylegs warily. "Trust is earned Bandylegs, not bought. You seem like a good sort, if a bit too fond of the drink but that's a common enough dwarven trait that I'll let it slide. I'll help you if I can but as I'm sure you've noticed, I'm but a young girl with little to no training with common weapons. If you can promise me that you'll protect me in the coming days you'll have my trust and my skills. Also I'll be wanting a 3 way split of any treasure we may find on your little expedition. What do you say?

• Advertisement

Bandylegs looks up at Elin's distrustful face and considers her proposal.

'Aye lass, a 3 way split. I'm nothing if not fair. We divide the treasure equally - if we find any. As for your protection, consider Bandylegs the shield at your back. I have half a mind to cut others in on the deal but I need to think about it. All I ask for now is when Bandylegs proposes we tarry at Thurmonton for a night or two, you don't disagree.'

• Registered Users Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

"Consider it done" she shakes his hand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

the family disagreement seems to have left poir goody a few coppers short of an adventuring party kit.
    coukd one of you fine cratures furnish me with a serviceable long knife and a heavy leather hooded jerkin?
    A decent rope and throw hook wouldnt go astray as well :)

ekbard hands goody 10GP. "Hope that helps you find a few items"

sKeith wrote: »
    ekbard hands goody 10GP. "Hope that helps you find a few items"

Thank you Ekky
    kindly pointvme in the direction of the neerest hardware store i seem to have lost my memerg
    probably something i et

• Advertisement

Ekbard explains the directions to Donnie Discount store.

sKeith wrote: »
    Ekbard explains the directions to Donnie Discount store.

Enters said emporium
    Good mister Darko i need to purchase so equip
    a heavy leather hooded jerkin or such size small would suit
    a long knife or two, balanced and suited for throwing if needs bee
    and a light rope with a hook suited for thrown grappeling or a weaponnatva pinch
    would you have these items
    i have 4 gold pieces and would be willingb to part with most of them

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I bid fairwell to the martyr, and head out.

I find a quiet area to say a prayer in, before returning to Castius.

Tigger wrote: »
    Enters said emporium
    Good mister Darko i need to purchase so equip
    a heavy leather hooded jerkin or such size small would suit
    a long knife or two, balanced and suited for throwing if needs bee
    and a light rope with a hook suited for thrown grappeling or a weaponnatva pinch
    would you have these items
    i have 4 gold pieces and would be willingb to part with most of them

Donnie's:
    "Have them, sounds like typical enough thieving gear, not that I'm stereotyping a halfling my lad"

Donnie puts everything together quick enough.

"That'll be...em....38 gold pieces in total son"

Fourier wrote: »
    Donnie's:
    "Have them, sounds like typical enough thieving gear, not that I'm stereotyping a halfling my lad"

Donnie puts everything together quick enough.

"That'll be...em....38 gold pieces in total son"

ive got 4

how muchbfor the jerkin?

OOC: You know we all get 50GP to start with right Tigger?

Necrominus wrote: »
    OOC: You know we all get 50GP to start with right Tigger?

i lost my memory
    hey darko ill take the jerkin the long knife the grappleing hook/rope and a sling
    apparently im rich

Donnie's:
    Tigger wrote: »
    i lost my memory
    hey darko ill take the jerkin the long knife the grappleing hook/rope and a sling
    apparently im rich
    He hands over the gear.

"Good luck with whatever you've gotten yourself involved in son"

Donnie's:

He hands over the gear.

"Good luck with whatever you've gotten yourself involved in son"

thanks
    you gat any rations for the wilds?

• Advertisement

"Over there on the shelf, 2GP for unpreserved, 5GP for preserved, days worth of food in either one".

"Over there on the shelf, 2GP for unpreserved, 5GP for preserved, days worth of food in either one".

ill take 1 unpreserved and two preserved please thanknyou

"No problem, here you are my boy"

"You've given me 50GP in total today, not a bad sale. Hold on..."

He takes out a backpack with an embroidered D on it.

"Official Donnie backpack, we're branching into branded stuff...should have Donnie helmets in a week or two. Anyway its yours, 50GP sale reward my friend".

Thanks Darkman
    its appriciated

Bandylegs fills his wineskin from Ekbars barrell again. He's gotten rather drunk waiting for everyone to show up.

*hic* 'Hey, Frilly Knickers... wassaholdup? Let's get this show on the road, I've got a saint's tomb... ugh... to... to show my respects to in Thurmunton!'

He staggers to his feet and looks around for the others, bumping into a passer-by.

'Whaddya you want? You never seen a drunk dwarf before?'

Bandylegs falls back down and starts snoring loudly.

Castius glances around the group.

"Looks like we're ready to go. Off to Askit's residence"

He marches the group directly to the base of Soet's temple to a large red door and converses with the guard present there, who stands next to a gong.

"Aye, this is them, the group Askit asked for" he says to the door guard, who seems pleased enough. The door guard then sounds the gong and the doors open, seemingly of their own volition. Behind them is the foyer of a mansion with a twin ascending staircase and no other furnishings. Castius leads the group inside and the doors are shut behind them.

A red-robed figure descends the stairs, floating about a foot from the ground. Their face is not visible under the hood, which just presents a starry void.

"Thank you Castius, I will place a good word with your commander, now leave us"

Castius is slightly taken aback at the directness, but bows and gestures to his guards to leave. On the way out he places a handy on Bandylegs's shoulder. He manages to mumble a "...be careful alright..." before leaving with his men.

Askit floats down to the group.

"An interesting group racially and mmmmmm...." he makes an inhuman buzzing sound "followers of other divinities. A god of luck, a good god and another one..." his head tilts "rural....fertile..., mmmm good. Follow me, first I show you something and tell you your task, then your quest begins"

He leads the characters up the twin staircases to the right hand door on the upper floor. The door is of very high quality, oak with iron locks.

"My study....with guest currently" he says and releases the locks with a hand gesture.

OOC: The next scene will take place from three standpoints. Saeros and Alexander will view it one way. Moy another. And then everybody else.

Lord TSC and OldGoat can I have an intelligence test, -4. Lord TSC only, I'll need a wisdom test as well (-2 if you succeed the intelligence test)

Digital Solitude, I'll need a Constitution test.

whenever the chance occurs i look for anshadow that seems goodenuf to hide in

Bandylegs eyes the red-robed figure cautiously. Normally he is very forthcoming with his views but something within him is telling him to hold his normally loose tongue. His hand instinctively goes to the axe at his belt and he keeps it there, ready to draw it at the first sign of trouble.

He remembers his promise to Elin and moves over in front of her, trying to do so without making too much of a deal about it.

'So you're the fella who wants us to go a questin'....'

Bandylegs had planned to say more but for once his words seem to fail him.

"Hey cleric askin, when do we get the blue shiny rocks that casius showed us in de ole tavern?"

• Advertisement

Point of view of most of the party:
    Askin turns to Ekbard

"Soon enough if you desire them. There are some downstairs, but first..."

He gestures again and the door opens to a study, modest enough. On another occasion the room would be normal, a single leather armchair and two conventional bookcases, stacked with popular novels from the last few years. A small study desk lies behind the bookcases.

However there is a creature which looks roughly like this:
    iC2Zu1.jpg

bound by chains in the center of the room.

It screeches and snarls at Askit "Cleric, I'll rip your face from your...."

Askit gestures and the creature, although visibly roaring, makes no sound.

"This is Xestes. Xestes these are a few friends of mine.

Xestes is a powerful devil lord, has his own private hell and all. However Soet provided us with an incantation to trap him. You see Xestes know the location of a building we've been searching for for some time. The Tower of Asmodo."

Advertisement