Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D Act One Scene II - Temple District

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

inc:
    i see
    hows
    that hiding place
    coming :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

"Hello there Xestes. Pleased to make you acquaintance. You look to be a bit tied up a the moment."

sKeith wrote: »
    "Hello there Xestes. Pleased to make you acquaintance. You look to be a bit tied up a the moment."

INC:d'ontvpoke the demon

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Xestes flares at Ekbard, his eyes flame up.

"You impudent mortal, a thousand boils will cover your genitals, your lands will be fallow..." another gesture from Askit renders him silent and a small stilted laugh escapes from under Askit's hood.

"Looks like you've made a friend my dear Ekbard"

inc:sake

• Advertisement

"Well, at least I know he can talk now, so why can't you get Xesticles over here to reveal this tower you seek?"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Well it was lovely to have met you all but if'n you'll excuse me I have a bright future ahead of me in indentured servitude. I shall be bidding you all a good morrow.

*Mauler turns on his heels and makes for the door they came in by*

Banjo wrote: »
    Well it was lovely to have met you all but if'n you'll excuse me I have a bright future ahead of me in indentured servitude. I shall be bidding you all a good morrow.

wait
    oh no
    dont wait

hey xestes id you tell me ill help you in th future

"i'd really like one of those horns on his head." "Is it okay if I chop one off?"

• Advertisement

"i'd really like one of those horns on his head." "Is it okay if I chop one off?"

im notvwith thatvguy

Askit Mansion Hall:

The upstairs hall looks the same outside the door, but down the stairs into the foyer there are three guards standing to attention. They pay Mauler no heed for now.

"Well, at least I know he can talk now, so why can't you get Xesticles over here to reveal this tower you seek?"
    "Oh but we can and have. It's two days journey inside the wrecklands, but he will only give the key to the tower to one of you. Who is it Xestes, now that you see them?"

"The thieffffffff.........only the theifffff........." he snarls.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 The Soup King

Fourier wrote: »
    "Oh but we can and have. It's two days journey inside the wrecklands, but he will only give the key to the tower to one of you. Who is it Xestes, now that you see them?"

Arry looks up at Elin. "Be careful what you take from this creature and most of all be careful what you say. Agree to nothing with him he may trick you into a bargain of some kind"

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Bandylegs turns to Elin.

'Lass if you have to face that creature, Bandylegs will honour his promise, I am no craven.

Of course, if you didn't want to, we can just walk out that door and head for Thurmonton as I said.'

Bandylegs eyes the demon.

'Ekbard. I would not antagonise this foul creature any further. In all my days in Dorns Deep I have never seen something like this.'

• Registered Users Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Elin is terrified. She never expected to see demons such as this on her travels. Her big plans for adventures have shrivelled up and disappeared. But she can't back out now. She's come this far and cannot disappoint her teacher by balking at the first hurdle.
    Bolstered by Bandylegs' promise and Arry's advice she swallows her fear and nods at her companions. She cautiously approaches the demon, being sure to keep well out of reach of any appendages.

"What would you have of me Xestes?"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

OOC I succeed in the Int test (10 Vs 14).

Saeros is fascinated and intimidated by the creature, eager to ask questions but scared enough to shut the **** up. I cast a questioning look to Alex and to Moy to see if they seem to have any arcane knowledge of this Xestes being.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Mauler eyes the 3 guards as he tentatively descends the stairs. Are they there to keep the rabble out or the 'volunteers' in? They don't look too intimidating. He could take one of them, maybe even two. In a fist fight. Unarmoured. With the element of surprise and a stool. He looks around for a stool. There is no stool to be seen. Options. Options. There's no obvious sign of rank, they're just ordinary guys. With swords. And armour. Just walk to the door. No! Wait - they're soldiers. Walk to the door and pull rank. We're guests of a flying star faced blanket. That has to count for something. Better! Deep breaths, Maul, deep breaths. He quickens his pace as he approaches the door, drawing up to full height and positioning himself to push through to the door; he opens his mouth to bellow a command. It's drier than he was expecting.

"There's... a thing..." he croaks as he draws level with them.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

OOC:
    Lord TSC and OldGoat can I have an intelligence test, -4. Lord TSC only, I'll need a wisdom test as well (-2 if you succeed the intelligence test)

(OOC: INT test returned a 0, so thats a pass.
    WIS test returned an 18, so thats a fail.)

I'd like to examine what is on the small study desk and if unlocked, maybe look within the drawers too.

• Advertisement

Saeros and Alexander's perspective:
    The being in the center of the room is clearly extra-planar. The fabric of reality around it buckles under its presence, it shouldn't be here. A large amount of divine energy surrounds the being, holding it in place. Too much for it to be the Clerics work. This is no ritual, a god is directly intervening here. Xestes could most likely kill everyone in this room if set free.

Saeros only:
    Xestes is clearly from one of the planes disliked by the human religions. "Devil" the humans say. He can't blame them, on the whole the creatures are selfish and maleficent, elves treat them carefully when they appear.

Alexander only:
    On closer examination he is from the plane of Phlegethos, a fiery realm whose inhabitants are bound by pacts. Evil by nature, but amenable to deals.

Moy only:
    Evil drips off the being, Moy receives occasionally flashes of violent imagery when the creature glances in his direction with a smirk. Such foulness is hard to stomach, but his gut does not give. The divine essence of Nír is always present, but near this creature seems dulled.

OOC: In general Clerics would view the presence of such a being a blasphemous and an insult to the gods, however the cult of Nír is up to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Moy only:
    Evil drips off the being, Moy receives occasionally flashes of violent imagery when the creature glances in his direction with a smirk. Such foulness is hard to stomach, but his gut does not give. The divine essence of Nír is always present, but near this creature seems dulled.

OOC: In general Clerics would view the presence of such a being a blasphemous and an insult to the gods, however the cult of Nír is up to you.

Demons and Devils are an affront. It would be just to root out these evil and untrustworthy scum.

I will ensure it stays subdued.

Ekbard slouches into the leather armchair, pops his feet up onto the small desk and has a nap.

Necrominus wrote: »
    'Ekbard. I would not antagonise this foul creature any further. In all my days in Dorns Deep I have never seen something like this.'
    "I'd imagine you haven't dwarf, all you've faced are orcs and other burrowing mortals. You're marked by your god, so I can make no move against you, I lack the strength to deal with two."
    Mollyb60 wrote:
    Elin is terrified. She never expected to see demons such as this on her travels. Her big plans for adventures have shrivelled up and disappeared. But she can't back out now. She's come this far and cannot disappoint her teacher by balking at the first hurdle.
    Bolstered by Bandylegs' promise and Arry's advice she swallows her fear and nods at her companions. She cautiously approaches the demon, being sure to keep well out of reach of any appendages.

"What would you have of me Xestes?"
    Xestes's tail lashes within an inch of Elin's face. He is impressed she stood just close enough.

"A thief's cunning, good. It will serve you well, but none will survive the tower. You hear me cleric, they won't return. The treasures there will never be yours. Still a deal is a deal. The tower's key."

A fire without heat courses around Elin's neck, in its wake it leaves a metal chain attached to which is a heavy key.

"There Askit, will you unbind me now?"

Askit reamins motionless

"If my friends have no further questions, then yes" he waits for the group.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Bandylegs wheels around to face Askit in horror.

'You mean to unbind this abomination?'

He turns to Moy and Alexander.

'Are you two going to allow this to stand? That thing should be locked up for all eternity! Elin, get away from it!'

Bandylegs draws his axe and shield in anticipation of a fight.

Ekbard stirs momentarily from his nap to say that he would like to chop off one of the devils horns before you unbind it, before returning to sleep.

Arry looks up at Elin. "Be careful what you take from this creature and most of all be careful what you say. Agree to nothing with him he may trick you into a bargain of some kind"
    Xestes obviously awaits questions and conversation from the group, but takes the time to speak directly into Arry's head

"Clever little one, you or your people have had experience of my kind?"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Turns to Askit.

Tell of this 'deal' you have made with the devil. This being will consume us in an instant if given reason and before you release it I want to know if the terms of your deal include throwing (gestures to the assembled adventures) us to the wolves. I profess to no gods and have no claim on any deity to stand between it and I and that frankly terrifies me. Tell us the truth of it before you release it.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Advertisement

Askit mansion hall:
    "There's... a thing..." he croaks as he draws level with them.
    "A thing Sir?" says one of the guards. "What sort of thing?"

Another guard turns

"He must mean Askit, I remember when I first took this job, I remember telling my Agnes all about it 'There's this thing' I says 'floats around the place'. And she'd tell me 'Now, now he's the city's respected cleric, you should be kinder Fillus' and you know what she was right"

The first guard speaks again

"Yeah, Askit is a bit of a 'thing', don't know if what's under that cloak is human. But like he's decent you know, gave me an extra turkey at last years Sopspeak and all. And a toy train for me tykes."

Advertisement