Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D Act One Scene II - Temple District

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Lord TSC wrote: »
    (OOC: Rolled a 10 with an INT score of 14, so pass?)
    Alexander searches his mind for the language, clearly the old tongue of Soetrard. Askit speaks:

"...Lord they wish to know the full purpose, they may bolt if the hear it in its entirety, think us mad.....tell them all? Of course my god..."

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Fourier wrote:
    "Lord Soet would not lie, he has directed us to this blood for the good of the city"

Bandylegs snorts.

'Lord Soet is just one of the hundred or so false gods that walk the streets of this city. Vergadain is the true divine.

You said so yourself. I am protected. I fear this chained up abomination more than I fear the likes of Soet.

However... I will go on this quest. But it is not residence I seek.
    If I survive and return with the false god's blood, I ask that you erect a monument that dwarfs (OOC: hehe couldn't help the pun) the falsehoods in the Temple district. A monument to last for the ages to Vergadain.

I won't say no to the riches you offer though. Residency in this cesspit does not interest Bandylegs. Once I have completed my quest here, I will journey forth to spread the word of Vergadain to the next settlement.'

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Fourier wrote: »
    "Very astute little one. No it won't of course. I promise to play nice however."
    Forgive me if I am hesitant to trust you. There is no reason for you to spare any of my group in such a case. I think perhaps my companions will know what the right thing to do is when and if my death occurs.
    "There is simply something I want retrieved, but it will require a thief of great talent to do it, it lies in a chamber in the tower. The challenge alone should be enough for true artist of your craft, but a magic set of lockpicks also lie within this chamber. Perhaps that interests you."

I must admit the challenge does sound intriguing, but my life is worth more to me than magic lockpicks and empty promises. Tell me where the chamber is and if there are any traps I should look out for and I will consider your request when I assess the danger to myself and my colleagues when we reach the tower. That is all I can promise you for now.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

sKeith wrote:
    "get out of my mind devil lord. My dreams are not for your consumption. But if you are after our barrel of wine then we'll part with it for terms our group collectively agree upon. My mind is too simple to do dealings with one such as yourself."

'Magical weapons, powerful spells *spits* or 1000 Gold pieces. That's my price for the barrel demon.'

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Alexander searches his mind for the language, clearly the old tongue of Soetrard. Askit speaks:

"...Lord they wish to know the full purpose, they may bolt if the hear it in its entirety, think us mad.....tell them all? Of course my god..."

Alexander relays this information to the rest of the party. He remains unsure of what to think, but he realizes the promise of treasure is lighting a fire in the minds of his allies.

• Advertisement

Necrominus wrote: »
    'Magical weapons, powerful spells *spits* or 1000 Gold pieces. That's my price for the barrel demon.'
    "Fair Fair, 1000 Gold pieces seems good, fashioned from Dwarrowwood, a deal?"

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Tell me where the chamber is and if there are any traps I should look out for and I will consider your request when I assess the danger to myself and my colleagues when we reach the tower. That is all I can promise you for now.
    "The chamber is on the tower's second floor. There was a poison dart mounted into the wall in time's long passed. Whether the mechanism remains active I truly cannot say. Thank you for your consideration."

sKeith wrote: »
    "get out of my mind devil lord. My dreams are not for your consumption. But if you are after our barrel of wine then we'll part with it for terms our group collectively agree upon. My mind is too simple to do dealings with one such as yourself."
    "You seem unwilling to part with the wine or even speak to me. Askit, when did you mortals become this clever? Luckily the dwarf has given me terms. Oh and it is mulled wine, I am eager indeed."

Fourier wrote:
    "Fair Fair, 1000 Gold pieces seems good, fashioned from Dwarrowwood, a deal?"

OOC: Can someone tell me what in the blue hell is Dwarrowwood :pac:

Askit Foyer:
    Banjo wrote: »
    *clears his throat*
    "no, Askit, lovely aul fella. Couldn't do enough for us. But he's asked me to pop outside... to get...some... special herbs? From... the apokath...athopak..ath... from the chemists on the other side of town?"

*begins to push past the guards*
    "Oh, he must be sick poor fellow"
    "Aye, even them mysterious types can get the sniffles. Let 'em past lads"

The guards stand aside.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Ekbard gives bandylegs the barrel. Ekbard then retrieves his shield from his backpack and wields it, half glad not having to haul a big barrel around with him anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Askit Foyer:

"Oh, he must be sick poor fellow"
    "Aye, even them mysterious types can get the sniffles. Let 'em past lads"

The guards stand aside.

Resisting the urge to crow, Mauler exits to safety.

What now? Return home in shame? Face down a demon? Drink what's left of his money aw...oh no wait. He'd spent it all on a bunch of gear he wasn't going to use. What a waste, what a ****ing waste. He contemplates ending it all, and rummages in his pack for the rope. ****e, he'd bought a crowbar instead!

He'd been stupid to think he could do this. He takes the gear bought with temple gold* and leaves it by the door. The road home is long but relatively safe, it won't be needed.

Ooc : *Backpack, 2xL sack, 24x torches, Flint n steel, 5 days preserved rations, full waterskin, helm, long sword, dagger, padded armor, 2x javelin, crowbar.

The road home is long but relatively safe, it won't be needed.
    OOC: Do you want to actually head home, or roleplay something in the city, i.e. work your way to Mauler coming back. If home, I'll be rolling on the wilderness table to generate what you encounter. How far away is home? It has to be at least 12 miles.

Bandylegs looks at the demon cautiously.

'I'm no fool, demon. This barrel is mine now, apparently. I tell you what. This here armour of mine is cursed. For 1 glass, you will tell me how to remove the curse. The barrel is yours if you have the means to remove it yerself. That's my price.'

Resisting the urge to crow, Mauler exits to safety.

What now? Return home in shame? Face down a demon? Drink what's left of his money aw...oh no wait. He'd spent it all on a bunch of gear he wasn't going to use. What a waste, what a ****ing waste. He contemplates ending it all, and rummages in his pack for the rope. ****e, he'd bought a crowbar instead!

He'd been stupid to think he could do this. He takes the gear bought with temple gold* and leaves it by the door. The road home is long but relatively safe, it won't be needed.

Ooc : *Backpack, 2xL sack, 24x torches, Flint n steel, 5 days preserved rations, full waterskin, helm, long sword, dagger, padded armor, 2x javelin, crowbar.

OOC: Eh, wut?

'I'm no fool, demon. This barrel is mine now, apparently. I tell you what. This here armour of mine is cursed. For 1 glass, you will tell me how to remove the curse. The barrel is yours if you have the means to remove it yerself. That's my price.'

sKeith wrote: »

OOC: Dwarrowwood is in my mind a fake currency Edit: also, a studded leather armour with curse removed at 15GP is a steal :P No DM is going to hand me 1000GP for a barrel of wine before we even start a quest...I think.

ooc: tell him 1000 gold pieces would be a deal, keep the dwarrowood for himself.

"Your armour? Certainly for one glass I'll tell you how to remove it."

Bandylegs looks at the barrel, looks at his armour, looks at the demon.

'Ye're awful agreeable to a chap who wanted to lop off your head a few minutes ago. Tell ye what, as a sign of trust between us - I'll give ye that glass. You tell me the means to remove it. Seeing as ye obviously can't remove the curse, the offer still stands for the barrel. 1000GP. You can keep your Dwarrowwood, whatever in Vergadain's name that is. That or a magical axe for Bandylegs here.'

Bandylegs grabs a glass from one of the shelves in the study and pours it, holding it out towards the demon.

• Advertisement

Bandylegs adds as a side note, holding the glass at bay from the demon.

'And by remove it - I mean the curse, demon. Not how to take off me clothes. I'm able to do that meself with a barrel-full of wine in me belly!'

Ekbard walks out of the study, down the twin staircase, notices the guards in the foyer and proceeds past them out the front door, he searches thru a backpack there and finds some steel & flint. He pockets the steel and flint and reenters the house, past the guards, nodding as he passes and climbs the stairs again and reenters the study. he sits down in the leather chair and pulls a few pages out of the drawer and arranges them on the desk and begins practicing with the flint and steel to see if he can make fire.

Bandylegs adds as a side note, holding the glass at bay from the demon.

'And by remove it - I mean the curse, demon. Not how to take off me clothes. I'm able to do that meself with a barrel-full of wine in me belly!'
    OOC: So close!!!:D

"Well I have to try, would have been amusing to see your face, but you've caught me so fair enough.

In the Blight mountains, there is an old oak tree on the slopes of Sanderjarn, the tallest mountain. Sleep beneath it for a day and the curse will be gone. There is more to Sanderjarn of course, but well my business relies on not having loose lips". A smirk spreads across his face.

Xestes turns to Moy.

"You wished to strike me down cleric and now the dwarf offers me wine"

He opens his jaw incredibly wide, wide enough for a boar to fit in and tosses the glass in.

"You're swaddled in some god's protection as well.." he sniffs the air "..Nír, oh nice and proud that one, do I defile the world according to your lord?"

"I agree. Let's get what we can from this fowl creature and be gone. I don't like standing here with it chains or not"
    Xestes speaks into Arry's head once more

"Halfling your kind is too careful by half. Let me cut you a deal. I am slowly working my way out of these bonds, but I will let you and your party live if you go to the room across the hall and grab an old pair of sheers for me. Much obliged"

A dull yellow light begins to appear beneath Xestes feet.

Alexander and Saeros:
    There has been a sudden weakening in the planar energies, Xestes body is becoming more and more a part of the material realm.

OOC: Saeros, Roll a d6.

After about twenty trys, Ekbard eventually succeds in drawing out a glowing spark from the steel and flint but his aim was bad and it falls harmlessly onto the desk away for the arranged papers and dies out.

OOC: tenor.gif?itemid=3625953

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

goodie wanders discretly in the direction of the shears

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

Meanwhile, at the legion of Doom, or at the front door, Xanthea, Princess of Warrior Ancestors quietly collects the gear of the departed Mauler, equips herself, and bangs on the door to attract the attention of the guards.

THUMP
    THUMP
    THUMP

She hurries in as the door opens, catching the guards unaware.

"Sorry I'm late. I'm only after going and getting myself lost again. This town is a maze. Is everyone here yet?"

Advertisement