Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D Act One Scene II - Temple District

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

"eh askin' dude, i think its time that turd is vamoose" "i for one am finished with him" "adios big guy"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

moves quicklier for the shears

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Bandylegs motions to Ekbard:

'My fighter friend, perhaps it is time we take out leave of this emerging danger.'

He sidles to the drawer that is askew and picks up the papers Ekbard has strewn across the table.

'Bandylegs has had a change of heart. The wine is yours, demon. I must go and pay my respects to a saint in Thurmonton.'

He exits the room and heads downstairs, stopping briefly at the door to motion to Elin.

Ekbard swings at the devil lords horn hoping to lop it off in one fowl swoop.

goodie foolows the craven dwarf at pace
    well when i say follows he overtakes the bandy legged fool

• Advertisement

sKeith wrote: »

ooc st roll +10

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Alexander: NO! Don't attack it! It's getting stronger!

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Alexander: NO! Don't attack it! It's getting stronger!

yeah
    hes crazy bu he gave me 10gp so im i dufferent

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Fourier wrote: »
    Xestes turns to Moy.

"You wished to strike me down cleric and now the dwarf offers me wine"

He opens his jaw incredibly wide, wide enough for a boar to fit in and tosses the glass in.

"You're swaddled in some god's protection as well.." he sniffs the air "..Nír, oh nice and proud that one, do I defile the world according to your lord?"

**** im behind

"The dwarf can do as he pleases, I hold no power over him.

I would not speak for my Lord, however it would bring me satisfaction to end your existance in his name.

Bandylegs, what do you feel we have to gain from talking with this damnable beast?"

Bandylegs gives no response as he has left the room.

OOC: Neutral peeps, not putting my neck on the line unless there's a reason for it.

• Advertisement

**** im behind

at last ypu didnt shot yourslef

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

OOC: Roll to attack, Target: 20

**** im behind
    OOC: No worries about that, take your time.

Where's Askit in all this?

Where's Askit in all this?
    Askit is still just floating to the right of the group, although he has noticed the light he doesn't seem to react to it and considers the banter with Xestes typical devil guff.

OOC: Roll to attack, Target: 20

jasus
    Goodie draws his sling and gets ready to throw (down )

Askit is still just floating to the right of the group, although he has noticed the light he doesn't seem to react to it and considers the banter with Xestes typical devil guff.

"Askit, have you no fear of the beast escaping? Or do you mean to let him go?"

I place a hand cautiously on my weapon.

Bandylegs hears the kerfuffle upstairs.

'I am no craven. But this is beyond me. Damn you Ekbard!'

He hesitates another moment.. then leaves through the front door.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

Xanthea hears everything going on around her, stopping mid sentence in her discussion with the guards, faltering between barging up the stairs, and following the short one with dodgy knees but a surprisingly fetching fashion sense straight out the door.

Ekbard picks a book up from the bookcase and throws it squarely at the devil lords head.

• Advertisement

Before leaving Bandylegs stops and speaks to the guards on the door:

'Laddies, the master of the house may be in a spot of trouble in a few moments. If you would join me, we can stop this.'

Edit: He then notices an unknown warrior woman to his left.

'Lass, I was planning to leave, but the five of us could make a difference. What say ye?'

"Askit, have you no fear of the beast escaping? Or do you mean to let him go?"

I place a hand cautiously on my weapon.

"He won't escape you fool, Nír may be a weak god, but Soet is as strong as the morning sun, the unconquered..."

Ekbard sword comes down on Xestes.

In an instant Xestes turns to face the blade and catches the tip between his index finger and middle finger.

"Oh thank you my dear Ekbard" he says, his skin glowing with the heat of fire beneath. "My limbs are to be freed in response to threats Askit, that was the pact and my wine loving friend here has just freed my hand"

He makes an upward gesture with his hands and Askit is flung through the roof into the next floor, then a downward motion and he is brought back down and smashed through the floor.

"That's not enough to finish Askit my boy, I'd run now lest you be caught in the crossfire" he says to Ekbard, dodging the book the latter tosses at him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

Pray tell, Dwarf, what malady doth befall this house. It sounds distinctly... unnatural.

My sword of adequate girth, for I am loth to mention long or short in the presence of someone of your... stature, longs to sing, though this may be beyond its ability.

Foyer:
    The guards jump, as everybody in the Foyer hears the tremendous crash, followed by a deep thud.

Ekbard sits back in the leather armchair put his feet back up on the desk and settles in for a quick 50 winks.

haflongs are good runners so
    runaway

Study:
    Xestes gestures at Saeros, Elin and Alexander

"I value you thief and the magic users will be a distraction, be gone"

His eyes glow a dim red and all three are thrown across the planar barriers into the Shadowfell. The study's shadow twin is similar, but without colour and the bookcases lightly undulate. In the shadow, the room is empty.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Alexander grits his teeth and draws his quarterstaff, holding it with one hand so as to keep his other free, prepared of not excited to try a spell if nessecary. If there's a fight, he won't run and hide. But he knows he still has a chance to de-escalate the situation

Alexander: Ekbard, seriously, listen to me. This is no mere deamon. It's strength grows with each passing action we take. We are in way, way over our heads, and provoking this beast is not smart.

Edit (OOC: That was posted by while Fourier posted his bit, so I'll just add on to this one...)

Alexander's knees buckle and he collapses, the trip to the Shadowfell catching off guard. He looks to the others.

Alexander: ugh. Everyone ok?

Bandylegs is caught in two minds.

'Blast it! Let us fight this abomination! I have no issues regarding my size, lass. The time for introductions is over though. Now we fight!'

Bandylegs downs his wineskin and draws his axe before barrelling up the stairs

• Advertisement

OOC: Alexander can resist being tossed across if you want to be in the fight Lord TSC.

Advertisement