Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D Act One Scene II - Temple District

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I draw my staff and get ready to rush the demon. The heat blazing off my ring emboldens me as I charge, swinging as I go.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

"Oh hell! May my warrior ancestry protect me and see me through this!"

Xanthea draws her sword and walks after the barreling dwarf. She keeps up easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

OOC: Everybody who is attacking, roll to hit. Target 20 for all, except Moy for whom it is 19.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Fourier wrote: »
    OOC: Alexander can resist being tossed across if you want to be in the fight Lord TSC.

(OOC: nah, I'll go on the magic adventure :P I edited in a bit more to the last post in response...)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

OOC: We are all about to die, but so be it.

Bandylegs bursts back into the room and regards the demon with no fear.

'Be gone foul beast! There is no need for this quarrel!'

• Advertisement

Xanthea stumbles a little on the top step, breaking her stride, slowing her down, and leaving her out of the current fight.

OOC: reading over rules, to make sure I have everything covered before I really join in. Carry on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Ekbard is awoken by all the noise. "Devil lord, you are free, take that barrel of wine and begone, go reclaim you gods blood or whatever it is and thank us for freeing you, by sparing us a fight."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

still running

Xestes sees Moy and Bandylegs approach.

He ducks Bandyleg's attack effortlessly, freeing his tail which lashes outward smashing into Bandylegs's stomach with enough force to break his spine.

"I have no quarrel with Vergadain, this will revive him within the hour", he squats over Bandylegs's corpse and brings their lips together vomiting a white energy into him.

Moy's blow lands on the devil's leg, releasing a thick black bile.

"Well done Cleric" he struggles to say between gritted teeth.

Dwarven Afterlife:
    A handsome dwarven man stands over Bandylegs in a mountain tunnel.

"Aye, get up lad, you'll be back in the mortal world in no time, tell'z your story"

• Advertisement

Ekbard jumps on xestes's back, grabs the two horns and tries to subdue the beast like a cowboy would a wild stallion.
    "Come on Xestes, be my mule"

OOC: Moy's attack has stunned him, so Ekbard gets to try a ride. Check Strength -4.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Fourier wrote: »
    Dwarven Afterlife:
    A handsome dwarven man stands over Bandylegs in a mountain tunnel.

"Aye, get up lad, you'll be back in the mortal world in no time, tell'z your story"

Bandylegs looks up at the dwarven man.

'Och... this is what I get for helping out strangers. Can you help me up, lad? My back is in bits! So... am I dead?'

Ekbard jumps on xestes's back, grabs the two horns and tries to subdue the beast like a cowboy would a wild stallion.
    "Come on Xestes, be my mule"

Xestes seethes with rage, his horns burn white hot, but Ekbard holds on long enough for Askit to rise out of the hole in the floor.

"Be gone beast" he roars and a white light erupts from his cloak. Xestes vanishes.

Askit lands in front of Ekbard, "You were both the cause of and solution to this, I am not sure what to do with you"

"well askit, your boy caracus did say you were looking for the suicidal types."

Necrominus wrote: »
    Bandylegs looks up at the dwarven man.

'Och... this is what I get for helping out strangers. Can you help me up, lad? My back is in bits! So... am I dead?'
    "Aye for a while, I'm your great-great-great-.......well I've been dead for four centuries. Pleased to meet your acquaintance, Hurrak they called me when I wore flesh."

Fourier wrote:
    "Aye for a while, I'm your great-great-great-.......well I've been dead for four centuries. Pleased to meet your acquaintance, Hurrak they called me when I wore flesh."

"Hurrak McGillicuddy? I heard stories of you. I appear to have met my end via a demon known as Xexes. After I gave him some wine as well.

I thought Vergadain's will would be enough to sustain me but alas it appears that was not the case. I must pray harder. That will teach me to deal with demons.

Oh Vergadain! I have sinned against your will and paid the price. Please, forgive this foolish dwarf his shortcomings (OOC: I can't help it with the dwarf jokes) and return me to the mortal realm so I may redeem myself in your name!'

Bandylegs falls to his knees and weeps

Ekbard pulls the barrel over to beside the armchair and refills his wineskin, and settles into the armchair. He polishes of the wine in his wineskin, then refills it again from the barrel. he then relaxes and puts his feet up on the desk, leans back and falls asleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I round on Askit.

"What have you done with the beast?"

I feel energy leaving my body, my legs start to shake as my quivering arms grip my staff. I feel the strength gifted by Nír leave me. Taking deep and unsteady breaths, I sit.

A little calmer now

"Has he merely been banished?"

"Ekbard you drunken fool, you endangered us all. I pray you will use a little more judgment in future dealings, of all sorts and sizes."

OOC: What time is it Fourier?

Xanthea, having been caused to stumble, and missing the battle, searches the remains of the rooms. It is, as you may expect, a bit of a disaster, though most places would be after that much action. She does, however, find a pair of shears in the room across from the study, and, thinking that they may be potentially useful in the future, slips them in to her backpack...

• Advertisement

Xanthea, having been caused to stumble, and missing the battle, searches the remains of the rooms. It is, as you may expect, a bit of a disaster, though most places would be after that much action. She does, however, find a pair of shears in the room across from the study, and, thinking that they may be potentially useful in the future, slips them in to her backpack...

ooc
    donyoubhet to do that?
    i thought you get to search and the gm decides what you found ?

ooc: the sheers have been revealed to us by xestes the devil lord, they are not something that needs to be found, they were revealed and we can go and collect. /ooc

OOC: What Eckbard said. It's a known item, as opposed to finding loot, but if our GM wants to read it otherwise, I will gladly do so.

ooc: bandylegs should be reviving about now.

sKeith wrote: »
    ooc: the sheers have been revealed to us by xestes the devil lord, they are not something that needs to be found, they were revealed and we can go and collect. /ooc

ooc
    could have lied
    could be moved
    a np could have taken them
    whatever as long as your sure

ooc: i'm asleep in they study where I just attempted to cut off the horn of a devil lord so i could retrieve same horn and scarper with my friendly compainions into the wilderness, then, after failing at said attempt, and after seeing it kill my freindly companion who came back to help fend of the evil, with the help of moy, jumped on its back and subdued it long enough for a mysterious cleric to revive its strenght and vanquish it to another planer existence and leave us in peace so we can rest and recoup. if after all that, you think i am sure of anything, you are mistaken!.

Bandylegs awakens and looks around him. He sees he is back in the study where he had seemed to have met his maker. he climbs to his feet but immediately sits down again with a terrible pain in his back.

'Ekbard... EKBARD! Fill this for me, will ye? (Tosses Ekbard the empty wine skin) That's the last time I help someone out. What happened? All I remember is that beast's tail lashing out and then blackness.'

Bandylegs decides not to share his encounter with his ancestor in the afterlife.

As he sups on his wineskin and tries to gain the strength to rise from the floor, Bandylegs tries to cast his mind back to his time in the dwarven afterlife...

Dwarven afterlife one hour ago:
    "Get up lad and quit your weepin'!! Were ya not spawned from the seed of Harrak, hardy like rock but gentle as a babes touch. Vergadain would be proud a' ya lad, died in battle 'n all, against a devil no less. I died fighting a dragon, squaring up against enemies that a human would think undefeatable is part a' who we are.

But ya want to redeem yerselves in the eyes of Vergadain, then follow me"

He takes Bandylegs through the tunnels into a large cavern with a huge hall. Entering the hall several warriors feast on mead and meat. Hurrak walks up to a large bare-chested dwarf with a full beard.

"This here's Muriggs, me own great-great-grandfather. Muriggs this is Bandylegs, spawn of our own. He thinks he's disgraced Vergadain. Ya have a quest to help 'im get back on track?"

Muriggs turns.

"Aye, go to the tunnels out of here and to the left and get me the treasure from the old shack. Ye accept?"

• Advertisement

Bandylegs dries his eyes and looks at Muriggs.

'Aye. If there's treasure involved, Bandylegs will be there. I suppose I should ask why ye can't get it yerself?'

Advertisement