Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vale Oil spill in back yard need advice/help

• 10-11-2017 10:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 33

hi all,
    Vale oil Company filled up my neighbours oil tank on the 19.10.17, spilled loads of oil you can see by the pictures it came through the wall and flowed into my yard, and told no1, didnt tell customer, didnt report or follow acciendent report precedures, obviously when i 1st saw taught it was from my yard.
    found out by digging that it wasnt so afew days pasted went in to notify neighbour that he might have a leak but then told me about getting a fill, he rang vale the driver came out looked around done nothing, just left it again, trying to save hes own neck or job.
    im trying to be as nice as possible only to keep the peace with neighbour only for that i'd flip out and contact the EPA
    Now the neighbour rang vale oil and reported it to the owner he came out on took sample but the soo old school and seem not bothered by it please sees pics as the claim only 15 litres spilled which by the looks of it seems wrong.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I'd ring the EPA regardless, it could seep into a water course, and I don't know if you're rural or urban, possibly into peoples wells.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 valeoilspill

i am concerned if i ring epa becuause i heard if they get involved it can be OTT and they might knock, wall ask me to move out while works carried out, but surely they shoud had, have an assessor in, they have done nothing and it the 10.11.17, killed life in the soil, god knows what eco systems down there.
    surely i should be getting a complete new lawn not just a patch job and doesnt get post tested, time has pasted and has rained afew times so surley it has contaminated the whole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

surely i should be getting a complete new lawn not just a patch job and doesnt get post tested, time has pasted and has rained afew times so surley it has contaminated the whole.

Only seems to affect a small part? Why not just mop it up and let the ground recover. Looks poorly drained as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 valeoilspill

its kerosene, it just just recover it stays in the soil unless treated, it leave a enviromental damage long after

Advertisement