Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you require permission to set up a stand on prom in Salthill?

Options
  • 10-11-2017 10:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭

Is there any kind of permission, cert or payment required to set up advertising stall on the prom in Salthill.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

Yes I would imagine you need permission from the City Council. If you put up advertising signs then the council will in contact with you to remove.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Please don't.
    Getting away from all the nonsense is one of the joys of walking the prom.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Could be tricky, especially if you are thinking of selling a consumable like coffee or fast food. Sea litter is a hot topic at the moment and if the prom and Galway Bay have a big litter problem all of a sudden, it's you they'll be after.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭kal7

Hi,

don't worry I agree prom best without anything to distract. I wasn't looking to have one.

I am thinking about the religious group who are there most days, with a small info stall.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Advertising Flyers & Litter
    The distribution of advertising flyers in the street in Galway City is prohibited, as is the placing of advertising leaflets on car windscreens.

From the Galway City Council website. If they are distributing leaflets they fall foul of the anti litter bylaws.

http://www.galwaycity.ie/litter-illegal-dumping

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,950 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

The people aren't actively handing out flyers. They don't even approach passersby - they only speak to people who approach them first. Of all the things that are problems in the city, they aren't!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭Bredabe

kal7 wrote: »
    Hi,

don't worry I agree prom best without anything to distract. I wasn't looking to have one.

I am thinking about the religious group who are there most days, with a small info stall.

I've never seen them, where are they usually? are they there in the evenings?

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Zenify

The people aren't actively handing out flyers. They don't even approach passersby - they only speak to people who approach them first. Of all the things that are problems in the city, they aren't!

Would it be ok if many other religions joined in on the action the whole way down the prom?

Best to stop a problem before it becomes too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭kal7

hi,

Mrs O Bumble is correct that they are not approaching people, so not much of a issue as you walk by.

Never seen them litter either, they tend to be there in mornings ny the way.

I had friend who on seeing them, said they would love to have a stall on prom to advertise there business.

I was interested in the rules that might apply to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭McTigs

There doesn't appear to be any permit required to spend all day practicing the saxophone across from Bailey Point

• Advertisement

A bigger annoyance is all the businesses who abandon vehicles along the prom for weeks at a time as a form of advertising.

I go out there with the girlfriend from time to time and it's always the same 10-15.

Rosins are brazen about it, dumping an advertising trailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

McTigs wrote: »
    There doesn't appear to be any permit required to spend all day practicing the saxophone across from Bailey Point

:D You're right - he's brutal - and not getting any better, but he's a very nice guy. Our kids love him!

Zenify wrote: »
    Would it be ok if many other religions joined in on the action the whole way down the prom?

There aren't that many religions represented in Ireland!

Seriously, these people have been there most days since summer, possibly longer. They are so unobtrusive that some people haven't even noticed them.

It ain't even a first-world problem.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Whereisgalway

Offer the council enough money and they’ll let ya do what ya like

Zenify wrote: »

Who are these people at the prom representing?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Bredabe wrote: »

God

God
    Which god?

Jehovah's witnesses i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,144 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Which god?

The Lord of Light!

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭CitizenFloor

?Cee?view wrote: »
    :D You're right - he's brutal - and not getting any better, but he's a very nice guy. Our kids love him!

I think he is great! Its a change from the usual.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

I think he is great! Its a change from the usual.

I don't mind the music too much, but he should move off the path. He creates a pinch point for runners and walkers that can otherwise share the path fairly well (don't get me started on dogs on long leads...).

The Lord of Light!
    ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭McTigs

?
    Geek virgin Game of Thrones reference

Advertisement