Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cancelled new contract keep getting TXT and Emails.Lost phone line.

Options
  • 10-11-2017 10:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭

I had a contract with Virgin with 2 phone lines and broadband.. I depend on these two phone lines for a take away food business. I decided to switch my provider.

I signed up with Eir for a business contract awith 2 phone lines and broadband . Eir then txt me saying one of my phone lines was active but somehow they have taken my line and now I have lost one of my numbers that I depend on for customer orders.

I immediately cancelled my order over the phone when Eir admitted to their mess up.
    Since then I have received numerous txt and emails saying they are continuing the process of sending a technician and opening an account. I cant get through to their lines , I was waiting for 31 mins yesterday to talk to one of their people.

I need my line back and I need they to stop sending me their mails and txt.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

I had a contract with Virgin with 2 phone lines and broadband.. I depend on these two phone lines for a take away food business. I decided to switch my provider.

I signed up with Eir for a business contract awith 2 phone lines and broadband . Eir then txt me saying one of my phone lines was active but somehow they have taken my line and now I have lost one of my numbers that I depend on for customer orders.

I immediately cancelled my order over the phone when Eir admitted to their mess up.
    Since then I have received numerous txt and emails saying they are continuing the process of sending a technician and opening an account. I cant get through to their lines , I was waiting for 31 mins yesterday to talk to one of their people.

I need my line back and I need they to stop sending me their mails and txt.
    Hi there,

Sorry to hear you experienced these issues with your line when trying to get services with us. Can you PM me your account number that you had with us and your full name please?

- Adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

Have to say is probably the worst customer experience I have ever had with a phone company.

They have some how disappeared one of my phone lines for two weeks, a line I depend on for my business. I have lost business at a vital time of the year.

They have told me multiple times that they will call at a specific time and have not.

They call at a time I tell them specifically not to come as the business is packed with customers.

They have changed appointments without consulting me.

Now they have again changed my appointments without consulting me to another week away, meaning I will be without a vital phone line for at least another week.

The boards reps have been less than useful.

Any suggestions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Have to say is probably the worst customer experience I have ever had with a phone company.

They have some how disappeared one of my phone lines for two weeks, a line I depend on for my business. I have lost business at a vital time of the year.

They have told me multiple times that they will call at a specific time and have not.

They call at a time I tell them specifically not to come as the business is packed with customers.

Now they have again changed my appointments without consulting me to another week away, meaning I will be without a vital phone line for at least another week.

Any suggestions?
    Hi cameramonkey, 

I'm very sorry to hear you are still experiencing issues with your service. I've checked your account (using the details you gave to Adam) and can see there is an appointment on the 28th for a technician to call out to connect your service. Unfortunately, I am unable to push this date and would not be able to get a technician out to you faster than this. Once this has been done you will be up and running. 

I have applied a goodwill gesture credit of €50 to your account for all inconvenience caused. 

I understand this is very frustrating, I'm sorry it's not better news. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Any suggestions?
    Hi cameramonkey, 

I'm very sorry to hear you are still experiencing issues with your service. I've checked your account (using the details you gave to Adam) and can see there is an appointment on the 28th for a technician to call out to connect your service. Unfortunately, I am unable to push this date and would not be able to get a technician out to you faster than this. Once this has been done you will be up and running. 

I have applied a goodwill gesture credit of €50 to your account for all inconvenience caused. 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Hi,

Thanks for the reply

This means that it has taken about 3 weeks to get a technician to come to the building.

This is 3 weeks after you somehow got rid of one of our 2 phone lines that we depend on for business.

The 50 euro credit will not pay for one hours worth of lost business.

How is it not possible to have a technician available to put right what you have done?

Do you not have any spare capacity to send a technician this week?

Any suggestions?
    Hi cameramonkey, 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Hi,

Thanks for the reply

This means that it has taken about 3 weeks to get a technician to come to the building.

This is 3 weeks after you somehow got rid of one of our 2 phone lines that we depend on for business.

How is it not possible to have a technician available to put right what you have done?

No problem. 

I completely understand your frustration here. I have requested for you to be put on a cancellation list, however, I wouldn't be able to guarantee that this would be done before the 28th unfortunately. 

I can see from the notes on your account that you have contacted the care team to cancel the service, can you confirm if you wish to go ahead with the order? 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Advertisement

Can I ask why you made an appointment to send a technician to me today but cancelled unilaterally?

I will share some of my problems
    signed up 6 Nov, no tech appointment needed according to Eir TXt.

Nov 7, they tell me my phone number that I had with Virgin for the last year is now active.

My phone line then stopped working. I rang them and they admitted that it was their fault and that they would hopefully fix it not later than following Friday.

NOV 10. Appointment arranged for 14 Nov , 9AM to 12.30 PM. I requested that they ring me first, they did not ring.

14 NOV they showed up at approx 1 PM during a time when we said it would not be possible for them to work inside because of customers.They left after doing nothing in our premises.

I arranged a new appointment again explaining that they should not come at lunch time because it our busy time. Again they arrived in the middle of lunch,this was last Thursday.

I arranged another appointment for today Tuesday on the phone for 9 PM, yesterday it was cancelled and rearranged unilaterally by Eir for the 28th.

'This means that Eir have cut one of my phone lines that I depend on for business and have failed to fix it for 3 weeks.

I have spent hours trying to get them to fix the problem but they seem to have no way to expedite fixing the problems that they have created by  cutting my line.

Is this normal for Eir?

Any suggestions?
    Hi cameramonkey, 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Hi,

Thanks for the reply

No problem. 

I completely understand your frustration here. I have requested for you to be put on a cancellation list, however, I wouldn't be able to guarantee that this would be done before the 28th unfortunately. 

I can see from the notes on your account that you have contacted the care team to cancel the service, can you confirm if you wish to go ahead with the order? 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Of course I am gong ahead with the order.

Any suggestions?
    Hi cameramonkey, 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Hi,

Thanks for the reply

No problem. 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Of course I am gong ahead with the order.
    The notes from yesterday advised you wished to cancel the order, this would only cause further issues with the order if it went ahead. 

The appointments have been pushed back due to an issue with the order.  You are currently on the cancellation lists so hopefully you will get the service connected before the 28th, however, I am unable to guarantee this I'm afraid.  

Apologies again for all delays incurred and the inconvenience caused. Unfortunately, there is no more I can do.

Thanks 

Tracey 

Hi,
    Thank you for the reply.

Obviously I am not satisfied with the way my new account and my complaints have been dealt with.

I would like to request that the complaint is escalated to a higher level.

• Advertisement

Hi,
    Thank you for the reply.

Obviously I am not satisfied with the way my new account and my complaints have been dealt with.

No problem. 

I completely understand this. If you wish to make a complaint you can do so using the methods listed here - https://www.eir.ie/complaints/
    They will investigate this for you and come back with a resolution. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Hi,
    Thank you for the reply.

No problem. 

I completely understand this. If you wish to make a complaint you can do so using the methods listed here - https://www.eir.ie/complaints/
    They will investigate this for you and come back with a resolution. 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    thanks

DAY 20

We got a technician around finally to install our two lines. He arrive on time at 9.30.

He tells us he is there just to install one line.

The number he works on is the one that is still functioning from Virgin.

After installation the line no longer can receive calls but it does make out going calls .

On the 4 th of November we had two lines working with Virgin.

NOV 5 We moved to Eir. First thing they did was disable one line, 20 days later we have still have no service on that line.

Yesterday they deactivated the in coming calls on our one remaining line.

I made an official complaint last WED, they promised to email me within two days , no email yet.
    I called for hours wed, they promised a supervisor would ring me back within 24 hours, still I have yet to get a call back.
    Yesterday i got through to what I believe was a supervisor, he said forget what has gone before I will deal with your problems,
    The last contact I had with him was him promising to call me back in 10 mins, that was a day ago.

So we had 2 lines working before we moved to Eir, now we cant receive any calls on our Eir line, 50% of our business is take away and deliveries. we cannot begin to calculate the about of money that Eir have cost us.

Then to rub salt into the wounds we get this email.

"Dear Customer,
    Thank you for becoming an eir Business customer. We hope you are happy with the service you have received so far.
    In fact, that’s why we’re now writing to you. At eir Business, we want to make sure we give you the best possible customer service. We’d really like to find out how things went for you when you joined us. "

Is there anyone home at Eir that can fix this before we go out of business?

Anyone?

DAY 22
    Have now one line working properly.

Still one line cut by Eir not working.

Got my first bill today.

Do I have to pay money to Eir for cutting my telephone off?

DAY 22

Got my first bill today.

Hi there,

I'm very sorry to hear that you are still experiencing issues. 

I've checked your account and can see that the second line has been connected today, can you confirm this is working ok? 
    Have you logged a fault with our faults team in relation to this line not working, can you PM me the reference number and I'll check this? 

Thanks

Tracey 

DAY 22

Got my first bill today.

Hi there,

I've checked your account and can see that the second line has been connected today, can you confirm this is working ok? 
    Have you logged a fault with our faults team in relation to this line not working, can you PM me the reference number and I'll check this? 

Thanks

Tracey 
    We only have one line working.

The line you disconnected for no reason on the 7th Nov is still not working. You have not installed a line for it.

DAY 22

Got my first bill today.

Hi there,

Thanks

Tracey 
    We only have one line working.

The line you disconnected for no reason on the 7th Nov is still not working. You have not installed a line for it.
    I'm sorry to hear this. 

I've responded to your PM there now. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Have you my phone details now?

Have you my phone details now?
    I have the details you sent me in PM's and have responded back to you there.  

Thanks 

Tracey 

DAY 25
    Our mail phone line for all orders has now become unavailable to us.

You seem to have switched our line to a new phone number that I have no idea about.

All our literature, on-line presence  and repeat customers have only two numbers to contact us with.

We take 50% of our business from our 2 phone lines. For the last month our second number has been disconnect by you, now you have disconnected our main and only remaining line.

Thanks .

What should be do?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

DAY 25
    Our mail phone line for all orders has now become unavailable to us.

You seem to have switched our line to a new phone number that I have no idea about.

All our literature, on-line presence  and repeat customers have only two numbers to contact us with.

We take 50% of our business from our 2 phone lines. For the last month our second number has been disconnect by you, now you have disconnected our main and only remaining line.

Thanks .

What should be do?
    Hi,

I am very sorry to hear this. Did a technician go out to you yesterday morning?

- Adam

DAY 26
    the two phone lines and broadband are finally working.

DAY 26
    the two phone lines and broadband are finally working.
    I'm delighted to hear your service is up and running. 

Apologies again for all inconvenience caused and all delays incurred, I understand how frustrating this was for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Thanks.

Thanks.
    No problem. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭rex-x

If I was you cameramonkey I would definitely be starting legal action to get compensated for lost business. It should be quite straightforward to work out from the last 12 months what you have lost. Don't let them get away with it, what happened was unacceptable.

rex-x wrote: »
    If I was you cameramonkey I would definitely be starting legal action to get compensated for lost business. It should be quite straightforward to work out from the last 12 months what you have lost. Don't let them get away with it, what happened was unacceptable.
    I have started a complaint with COMREG .I will see where that goes first.

Thanks

Advertisement