Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contract length - which is it?

Options
  • 10-11-2017 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

Hi,

I've just ordered a home broadband/phone deal online. The deal is Broadband, Unlimited Mobile, & UK Calls, terms are €35 for first six months, €40 for second six months, & €76 thereafter. What makes it an attractive deal is that the contract length is stated as 12 Months, so I can get a new deal before the ridiculous €76 a month price kicks in. However, when looking at your general terms and conditions I noticed this line:

"Bundles subject to a minimum contract term of 18 months. Early cease charges will apply where service is ceased within the minimum contract period."

I ordered on the basis that the information supplied upfront was accurate, to see something else hidden in small print is disconcerting to say the least. Could you tell me, unequivocally, which contract length is correct - the advertised one of 12 months or the hidden one of 18 months.

Thanks,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Hi,

I've just ordered a home broadband/phone deal online. The deal is Broadband, Unlimited Mobile, & UK Calls, terms are €35 for first six months, €40 for second six months, & €76 thereafter. What makes it an attractive deal is that the contract length is stated as 12 Months, so I can get a new deal before the ridiculous €76 a month price kicks in. However, when looking at your general terms and conditions I noticed this line:

"Bundles subject to a minimum contract term of 18 months. Early cease charges will apply where service is ceased within the minimum contract period."

I ordered on the basis that the information supplied upfront was accurate, to see something else hidden in small print is disconcerting to say the least. Could you tell me, unequivocally, which contract length is correct - the advertised one of 12 months or the hidden one of 18 months.

Thanks,
    Hi Webmechanic,

Thanks for getting int ouch with us. If you PM me your account number and full name I'll check on this for you.

- Adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭I love Sean nos

Don't lose that screenshot.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Webmechanic

eir: Adam wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks,
    Hi Webmechanic,

Thanks for getting int ouch with us. If you PM me your account number and full name I'll check on this for you.

- Adam
    Hi,

I don't have an account number, I just ordered it. I can give you the order number if you like? Or, you could just answer the question, surely it's simple enough to check? The offers are on your website. https://www.eir.ie/bundles/

Don't lose that screenshot.
    I screenshot everything these days. You just never know when you might need to prove something! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭hazchem

Very interested to see the reply from Eir reps to this question as Vodafone have increased prices recently was looking for alternate cheaper supplier.

• Advertisement

Still waiting for an answer to this question, any chance of getting one today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

I have responded to your PM about this.

- Adam

eir: Adam wrote: »
    I have responded to your PM about this.

- Adam
    Cheers Adam, appreciated.

For everyone else's info, looks like it is a 12 month contract, which makes it a better price than Sky or Vodafone are offering at the moment. I'll post again to confirm or not when I've had a chance to see the contract, hopefully in a day or two. 

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭hazchem

Hi Adam as the answer was by PM could I have the answer as well thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭I love Sean nos

I don't see why we can't all have the answer unless the offer the OP signed up to was specifically tailored to the OP.

• Advertisement

I don't see why we can't all have the answer unless the offer the OP signed up to was specifically tailored to the OP.
    Most issues on these boards end up being dealt with behind the scenes, it's probably some sort of policy though it is annoying. Lack of transparency is one of my pet hates.

FYI: The offer was from the Website, not tailored. To be fair to Adam, all he said was - in his opinion - the contract should be for 12 months as that's what the offer stated. However, as it's a new order he couldn't check it 'specifically' as there's currently no account number for him to check.

When Eir finally get round to mailing me details of the contract (so far, nothing!), I'll locate the info relating to the length of contract, early termination penalties, etc. - which under Comreg rules they have to supply - and post the relevant bits here.

Just got the detailed email from Eir. I've included a screenshot of the salient bit. Basically it is for 12 months, discounted for the entire 12 months to €40/month with an additional €5 off for the first six months for ordering online. Pretty decent I'd say. Just have to remember to organise a different contract after the 12 months is up or it goes up to the full price of €76/month which is far too much!

If I change to another supplier after the 12 months I have to return the modem - which is prepaid return via parcel motel amongst others - within 30 days or cough up €59.99 for it.

Hope that helps.

Advertisement