Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wireless mouse

Options
  • 10-11-2017 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭

i bought a wireless mouse and keyboard some time ago.the mouse has a receiver.its the logitech brand.
    what id like to know is would that mouse or should it be able to work with a laptop?
    i plug the receiver into the laptop but it does not recognise the mouse at all.it tells me its installing the driver for it and then the mouse just doesnt work.
    do i need software for it or could it be that it is just meant to work alongside the keyboard?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭karasu

i bought a wireless mouse and keyboard some time ago.the mouse has a receiver.its the logitech brand.
    what id like to know is would that mouse or should it be able to work with a laptop?
    i plug the receiver into the laptop but it does not recognise the mouse at all.it tells me its installing the driver for it and then the mouse just doesnt work.
    do i need software for it or could it be that it is just meant to work alongside the keyboard?
    Windows is downloading generic driver from windows update.

Insted go to logitech website and search for your specific model.

Make sure that you download 64bit driver if your Windows are 64bit and same for 32 respectively

To check version of windows, open c drive and see if you have two program files folders, if so, you're 64bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

karasu wrote: »
    Windows is downloading generic driver from windows update.

Insted go to logitech website and search for your specific model.

Make sure that you download 64bit driver if your Windows are 64bit and same for 32 respectively

To check version of windows, open c drive and see if you have two program files folders, if so, you're 64bit.

Ok ill try that Thankyou.so you think the mouse should work separately from the keyboard then.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Ok ill try that Thankyou.so you think the mouse should work separately from the keyboard then.

If the mouse and keyboard are a 'set' and both wireless, then they should both work in whatever PC the wireless dongle is plugged into.

If the mouse and keyboard are a 'set' and both wireless, then they should both work in whatever PC the wireless dongle is plugged into.

But that's kind of what I'm asking.will the mouse work without the keyboard.all i need is the mouse with the laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

But that's kind of what I'm asking.will the mouse work without the keyboard.all i need is the mouse with the laptop.

yes

• Advertisement

it worked when i installed the logitech software thanks for the replies lads.

Advertisement