Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repairs in a second-hand apartment

Options
  • 10-11-2017 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,
    I am looking to buy an apartment that was built around 2007-2008, and I have a suspicion that an apartment may have some underlying issues like bad plumbing. These are just suspicious for now, and I am not sure if there is anything to worry about, but I wonder if there is a way to protect myself from this.
    If we agree to a sale and I discover that I need to invest additional 10-20K into repairs is the seller required to reduce the price by this amount?
    Also, is there a way to estimate how much will it cost to fix these underlying issues before moving in?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,763 ✭✭✭C3PO

proger wrote: »
    If we agree to a sale and I discover that I need to invest additional 10-20K into repairs is the seller required to reduce the price by this amount?

Absolutely not!

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭purpleisafruit

proger wrote: »
    Hi,
    Also, is there a way to estimate how much will it cost to fix these underlying issues before moving in?
    Put yourself in the sellers shoes and answer that question. You can reduce the offer but don't expect them to accept it.
    A survey will tell you what the problems are and you can request quotes from tradesmen as to how much it will cost.

Advertisement