Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cannot update GFX card

Options
  • 10-11-2017 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭

HI All,

I had a dual montior setup and one failed, so I have a new monitor ordered.

But, the gfx card is not allowing me to update it and the monitor tab is showing a default windows driver/monitor instead of Dell with serial.

I'm not 100% sure of the precise gfx card i have - only that it is AMD and the auto installer is geiving me an error.

See below.

123.png

See below the old and latest screen or the Dell Monitor.

sd.png

I want to try to get this monitor/gfx card updated before the new monitor arrives in case they cause issues with the new one.

Thanks as always

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Device ID of 0x6819 suggests a Radeon 7850.

Which in turns suggets the last drivers for that are only available via Windows Update according to AMD.

Have you tried going to device manager for it, and hitting the update driver button?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Spear wrote: »
    Device ID of 0x6819 suggests a Radeon 7850.

Which in turns suggets the last drivers for that are only available via Windows Update according to AMD.

Have you tried going to device manager for it, and hitting the update driver button?

Thanks after a driver update check I'm told that windows has determined that the driver is up to date...

But its from 21/06/2006..? I wonder why I'm restricted from using a later one?

Any ideas why the Dell monitor is not showing also - Just VGA Monitor?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

So I just did a direct install after you gave me the exact graphics card and operating system and it worked a charm thanks very much

Advertisement