Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage Drawdown - No House

Options
  • 10-11-2017 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi

We drew down our mortgage yesterday and the money was transferred to our solicitor. Before our solicitor transferred the money today he was told by the developers solicitor that they had spotted an error on the maps and they needed to be changed with the land registry and we can't get the keys until this is complete despite them saying earlier in the week that they were just waiting on the money before we could get in.

So...we are now paying a mortgage and have no house. The builder says it will be resolved earliest Monday.

I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience with how long this usually takes? Also, I'm obviously extremely frustrated with builder (not for the first time) but doesn't seem to be much I can do is there?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

What did your solicitor say?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 orourkc7

He was in court today so was dealing with his assistant. She said she had never encountered this before and basically just passed on the message that builder's solicitor said they hoped to have it resolved by Monday.

If it is resolved on Monday it's not a big issue I suppose, frustrating that we were all working towards getting keys today and had arranged work and stuff for Saturday. I'm just sceptical as we have had a good few issues with the builder.

A message has been left for him to contact me first thing Monday

Advertisement