Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ps4 pro blue / white light

Options
  • 10-11-2017 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭

Getting this annoying problem lately that when I turn machine on sometimes what will happen is light will flash blue then go white and there s no display.

The channel doesn't switch automatically to ps4 one and eventually it just beeps. So I have to reset it to get it back on sometimes it takes a few times to get it back.

I'm not sure what's causing this but I've also noticed an issue with the plug.

When I plug it into the extension lead there's this slightly crackle noise and sometimes a little white spark. So I changed extension lead same! Changed the ps4 power lead itself same....

So overall I've no idea what's going on as the machine was only bought during this year and it's all in perfect condition otherwise.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

I would boot in safe mode and see if it starts ok.

http://ccm.net/faq/35902-how-to-boot-your-playstation-4-into-safe-mode

I would also check disconnect and reconnect the hdmi lead.

If it flashes blue and then goes white then it is starting properly - if theres no display its a visual issue..hdmi lead or maybe the output on the console. I would focus on those and not the power lead.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I had this last night with my regular PS4, thought it was borked.
    Checked all the connections, booted into safe mode, reboot from there, all is well once again.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

I got it to work by taking hdmi out the back the ps4 then putting it back in.

Is the cable faulty?

How do I explain the power lead sparking?

Advertisement