Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Asbestos ceiling tiles

• 10-11-2017 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Have seen ceiling tiles in my kids school and am seriously concerned as they look like asbestos ceiling tiles to me. Can anyone confirm.school is old so it would fit with the time asbestos was in use .

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

A photo would be helpful - but if they're suspended tiles (sitting on a grid hanging from the actual ceiling) they're almost certainly not asbestos - those types of ceilings were not common in non-office buildings until recently. Tiles stuck to a ceiling and I'd be much more concerned

Regardless, asbestos tiles are safe unless disturbed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Buzz2017

Link to photo attached. Thanks.
    As a new user can't attach photo.
    Please add h to start of ttp.

ttp://i64.tinypic.com/1674bbr.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,657 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Unless something is going to be done to the school that would disturb any asbestos then there is no need to be concerned.

And schools almost always have an asbestos survey carried out to determine where there is asbestos so that it can be dealt with appropriately if necessary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Buzz2017

can you tell me was there ceiling tiles used in schools in 1970's/ 1980's that did not contain asbestos ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement