Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Account cancelled. How to get a refund?

Options
  • 10-11-2017 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭

Hi,

I recently cancelled my BB/landline account and returned all equipment to Eir. Today I got an email advising my new bill is available and the amount is -64.51.

Am I right to assume I'm entitled to a refund? If yes, how can I claim it?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

RootX wrote: »
    Hi,

I recently cancelled my BB/landline account and returned all equipment to Eir. Today I got an email advising my new bill is available and the amount is -64.51.

Am I right to assume I'm entitled to a refund? If yes, how can I claim it?

Thanks in advance.
    Hi RootX, 

The customer care team on 1901 will be advise you on this and arrange the refund cheque for you also. 

Thanks

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭RootX

Many thanks, will do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Many thanks, will do.
    No problem. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Hi again,

so I called customer care and they issued the refund, all was good and well until today, when I received an email with a new bill for [font=Helvetica, arial, sans-serif]€ 139.99 !![/font]

Logging to myeir portal confirms my account is seized and no longer active. Could you please help me out, I don't want eir to debit any amount whatsoever!

Thanks.

So, ringing 1901 doesn't work cause I have no active phone number nor account number to provide. The inactive ones do not work therefore I can't get to an agent to talk to.

Trying the chat option, 3 hours in without a response.
    Capture.png

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

So, ringing 1901 doesn't work cause I have no active phone number nor account number to provide. The inactive ones do not work therefore I can't get to an agent to talk to.

Trying the chat option, 3 hours in without a response.
    Capture.png
    Hi,

I have responded to you on another thread.

- Adam

Thanks Adam, I managed to get to someone using the chat and provided all the details I could, including parcel motel tracking information. I was told the charges will get waived; hopefully that will settle the matter and I won't be receiving any further bills.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Thanks Adam, I managed to get to someone using the chat and provided all the details I could, including parcel motel tracking information. I was told the charges will get waived; hopefully that will settle the matter and I won't be receiving any further bills.
    No problem. Glad to hear you got it sorted. Let me know if you need anything else.

- Adam

Advertisement