Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

18 year old, recent Leaving Cert student - couple of questions inside.

Options
  • 10-11-2017 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I've never wanted to stay in Ireland ever since I was very very young and now that I am old enough, I'd love to work and live somewhere else in the world, but the problem is I have absolutely 0 clue how to go about it. Everytime I go onto google, I'm finding suspicious websites that you pay a lump sum of money to and they 'find you a job and great opportunities', but it seems a bit sketch to me.

Ideally I'd like advice from others who have left Ireland to live and work elsewhere in the world. I'd even be down to study elsewhere in the world, just not at home.

Some countries I'd love to live in would be; Australia, USA, Canada, Switzerland, Germany, UK, New Zealand, Singapore. Ideally the English speaking countries would be my favorite choice; USA, Australia, New Zealand and UK in that order.

Anybody know even the very first step I should take to making this actually become a reality?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭shinju

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,286 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Do yourself a favour and get some solid qualifications before you go. Because without them you'll struggle no matter where you go. And it is a lot easier get them and home and while you are young.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I would go to college 1st or maybe start here and finish abroad.
    A qualification will make working alot easier.
    If you wanted to go to any eu country or the Uk you could go tomorrow with no restrictions .

• Registered Users Posts: 33,402 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Save a bit of money and go to one of the nearby ones - UK or Germany - for a few weeks and see how you find things. You're only a 2-hour flight from home if eveything goes tits up.

https://www.toytowngermany.com/forum/ will give you as any advice you need regarding Germnay.

Studying in the UK might be an option - new environment, no language problems and you can get a qualification that can get you further.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Advertisement