Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Evra banned until end of 2017/18 season

• 10-11-2017 5:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭

Well June 30th in fact (other thread closed)

Quite light sentence I'd say in this day and age.

Suggestion that Marseille have terminated his contract

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

A sad way to end his career.

No surprise really.

Marseille fans don't want him back anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Rumple Stillson

Well June 30th in fact (other thread closed)

Quite light sentence I'd say in this day and age.

Suggestion that Marseille have terminated his contract

7 month ban, 2 less than Cantona received for pretty much the same thing. Pretty lenient all right. Don't think Marseille would have terminated his contract if he was 3 years younger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Good get out of jail card for Marseille, theyve managed to save themselves a fortune.

If I was Evra, I'd be looking to China or the USA shortly, for one last season and pay cheque, if theyed have him after this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭ratracer

Delighted!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Seems long enough to me.

Hard to find a fair line for these things. If you compare it to length of bans for likes of leg breaking challenges it probably seems harsh if anything.

But I'm sure there will be hoards of Liverpool fans along to say he deserved five life sentences.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Banned in French league games only?
    Would be a joke if he can move and play elsewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,179 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Fairly lenient ban, as is his fine, €10,000. That's most likely the end of his career.

Patrice Evra: Marseille defender banned from Uefa club matches for seven months

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/41948317

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭keith_sixteen

sligeach wrote: »
    Fairly lenient ban, as is his fine, €10,000. That's most likely the end of his career.

And what a stellar career it's been.

5 PL Titles
    2 Serie A Titles
    Champions League winner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Rekop dog wrote: »
    Seems long enough to me.

Hard to find a fair line for these things. If you compare it to length of bans for likes of leg breaking challenges it probably seems harsh if anything.

But I'm sure there will be hoards of Liverpool fans along to say he deserved five life sentences.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Two months fewer than Cantona's punishment, in 2017 is a pretty light sanction, not to mention about two/three days pay as the fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,794 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Pathetic response, especially the €10k fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Two months fewer than Cantona's punishment, in 2017 is a pretty light sanction, not to mention about two/three days pay as the fine.

Using a ban from over 20 years ago as your precedent is fairly tenuous.

The motivation behind your posts on this are so blatantly transparent it's hard to take your opinions seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,707 ✭✭✭CR 7

The rate of inflation doesn't affect ban lengths though. When you have players taking chunks out of each other, it's not as big of a deal nowadays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

CR 7 wrote: »
    The rate of inflation doesn't affect ban lengths though. When you have players taking chunks out of each other, it's not as big of a deal nowadays.

Apart from the nonsense of that statement he didn't attack a player it was a member of the public.

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭NyOmnishambles

There will be some to be sure but personally I just think it is bit sad to see it happen

I have always had a fondness for Evra, he was a fantastic player and in general seems to be a decent bloke

Seems long enough to me.

Well done on being the one

Cute feckers fine him 10k so there is a tiny chance they get the money. 1% chance of 10k is better then 0 at 100k

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

The coward got off lightly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭bennyl10

ricero wrote: »

Don’t really know is coward the right word here..
    A fan ran down and directed personal abuse at it, he snapped as we all would.

Yes he reacted badly and he deserves his ban but coward?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,926 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

bennyl10 wrote: »

I don't know about that plenty of people's jobs including mine involve s(umbags throwing personal abuse at them for doing the job and they/me don't kick people in the head.

• Advertisement

I'm guessing it's the kicking someone and running away backwards that deem him cowardly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

ricero wrote: »

Not like the heroics of a keyboard warrior?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

After Evra offered the fans a fight and kicked the ball into the crowd but hey don't let facts get in the way.

He can go off else where and get some money he is just banned in Europe

Advertisement