Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please recommend monitor.

Options
  • 10-11-2017 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,067 ✭✭✭✭

I've built my PC earlier this year, but still using my old monitor.

PC is I5-7500 with GTX1050ti 4gb.

Monitor I'm using currently is NEC Multisync 20WGX2 (20" with 1680x1050).
    It was brilliant monitor which I had for over 10 year (paid well over €600 then), but while it still works, I would like to upgrade to something bigger and higher res. 24" or even 27" would be nice.

According to spec, my current monitor is S-IPS and has 470 cd/m2 brightness, which looking at specs of current monitor most don't seem to have this parameter so high. Why would that be?

Anyway - budget is not high - €200 with possibility to stretch to around €250.
    What I expect from monitor is clear shiny picture quality, especially for photo/video editing. Gaming is not so important as I don't play that much and if I play it's mostly racing sims.

Can you recommend what should I be looking at?
    I think definitely IPS screen. Can 1440p 27" be got in my price range and still be reasonable picture quality?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

You won't get a 1440p IPS monitor for €200 i don't think.

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭minitrue

£200 for a Asus 24" 1440p IPS monitor from amazon (and a 23.8" BenQ for £207) so doable for under €250 but will have to wait for a bargain/sale to get one for €200 or less. Both are 300cd/m2, 470 was really bright but I find it a little hard to believe you were using it with the brightness up full?

Advertisement