Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raffle

Options
  • 10-11-2017 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭

Mods If this is inappropriate please let me know.

I am trying raise funds for a local Family down the country who have fallen tough times, but I want to do it on the Down Low. I have brand new WTX Golf Buddy still in the packaging unopened, and a few other bit n pieces that have been promised to me, not exactky sure what they are yet, one is aTitleist golf Bag not sure of the model as yet. That id like to Raffle off was thinking €5 per entry... Winner will be picked using the Lottery numbers on a date to be confirmed. I suppose I'm trying to gauge a reaction to see is it a good way to go? I could put a likk on adverts too to do the prizes.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,172 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Nice gesture Necked, any reason why you don't just price them to sell on adverts etc? Far less hassle for you, those raffles can be a headache at the best of times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭neckedit

fair point. but with a sale on Adverts it's all "I'll give €50 for it.... my pal bought one for €100 Last week in McGurks etc.... a raffle can raise a few more Euro than a straight sale... that's the hope any way... trying to get a few other bits together.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭eoghan104

Good idea and the lotto balls is always the most transparent way to do it.

What I would say is that the lotto balls limit the amount of money you can raise. What is there now 45 balls? That's restricting you to 225 quid at a fiver a ticket.

My advice would be to get 6 prizes together even if small and charge 10 per ticket. Then say Ball 1 winner = golf watch, ball 2 = golf bag, etc.

I would certainly buy a couple of numbers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭Delphinium

check on rules for raffle. You don't need a licence if all the tickets are sold at the raffle, ie no pre sales and the winners have to be announced at the event. More complicated if you are selling tickets for a few days beforehand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭neckedit

eoghan104 wrote: »
    Good idea and the lotto balls is always the most transparent way to do it.

What I would say is that the lotto balls limit the amount of money you can raise. What is there now 45 balls? That's restricting you to 225 quid at a fiver a ticket.

My advice would be to get 6 prizes together even if small and charge 10 per ticket. Then say Ball 1 winner = golf watch, ball 2 = golf bag, etc.

I would certainly buy a couple of numbers.

Thanks Eoghan, That's what I'm Thinking. I have a couple and will source another few... Might have a Football for a nice course too.

Didn't know the Rules Im a raffle existed... I'll look into it again... Id rather presale as there is better chance of making a few € More. thanks for the replies lads. genuinely grateful.

• Advertisement
Advertisement