Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just-Eat orders not processed - awful service

Options
  • 10-11-2017 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this is the right forum. Just-eat tech difficulties last night affected a lot of users. What was really apparent is how the company had no contingency or communication plans in place.

The application remained open, people were charged, and no orders made it to the takeaway in a period of about 3 hours.

People were finding out only after ringing takeaways and wondering why it was taking so long. Takeaways said they had no record and lots of people were asking the same thing.

Just eat phone line had an automated message saying "the office was unexpectedly closed for 30 minutes." This went on for over 2 hours. Their Twitter feed was inundated with queries. Not one response. The UK just eat Twitter feed had the decency at least to reply, but they were not sure what the issue was.

Checked my account and no refund. They expect everyone to email and request a refund. I've done so with a fairly blunt email (not like me) but just surprised a tech based company would have such poor customer support. This is my email- wonder what the response will be!!

Hi,

Really poor service experienced on 9th November. Appreciate that there is always the chance of technical difficulties but seriously - having an automated phone message saying "the office is closed for 30 minutes for unforeseen reasons" (for 2 hours), continuing to take orders on your platform, and not having the decency or kop on to update your Twitter account to at least acknowledge there was a problem is fairly pathetic. It really shows how poor your contingency or business continuity planning is, or, demonstrates a blatant disregard for your customer base.

Your UK colleagues on the other hand answered twitter queries within 30 seconds from a lot of Irish customers - not that they knew what was going on - but shows they at least understand what customer service means. Check my Twitter feed @XXXXXXX for example.

Anyway I had three hungry tired unimpressed children to manage (treat for my daughter's birthday, RUINED) and I eventually paid cash and drove to takeaway.

So thanks for that.

Owed refund (mobile number 087XXXXXXX) and an apology.

Seriously though get your contingency planning and communication plan sorted - amateurish for a tech company.

Regards....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

To consumer issues!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Mod note: Thread moved to Consumer Issues from Food forum.

Advertisement