Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving My Family to Oz

Options
  • 10-11-2017 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all,

I have been looking on this and other sites all day for the right info and cannot seem to find it without someone trying to charge me a fortune so i hope to get some good info from you lovely people.

Me , My Fiancee & her little boy (5) are strongly considering moving down under simply for a better lifestyle - i have read all the threads about weather and not making friends etc but tbh i haven't let any of those threads throw me off. this is something we both want to do and our little guy will absolutely love it.

So i'm looking to find out what type of Visa do we need to apply for and as my partners little guy is not legally my son will this cause issues?

If this can lead to the right info or if anyone has links to any other useful threads please comment below :)

thanks guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Batgurl

You are probably better asking in the Australia forum. One of the mods should be able to move this thread for you. There are also some really useful stickys.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Thread moved to where it may be better suited. You should also have a read through the Living Abroad forum right here as it would contain valuable information for you.

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

Hi all,

I have been looking on this and other sites all day for the right info and cannot seem to find it without someone trying to charge me a fortune so i hope to get some good info from you lovely people.

Me , My Fiancee & her little boy (5) are strongly considering moving down under simply for a better lifestyle - i have read all the threads about weather and not making friends etc but tbh i haven't let any of those threads throw me off. this is something we both want to do and our little guy will absolutely love it.

So i'm looking to find out what type of Visa do we need to apply for and as my partners little guy is not legally my son will this cause issues?

If this can lead to the right info or if anyone has links to any other useful threads please comment below :)

thanks guys

First and most important question... What is your occupation? If it's not on the skills list then your chances of getting a visa are slim.

I'm not sure how you would go about adding the child to the visa but you should probably get proper legal advice on that especially if the child's father is involved.

Advertisement