Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just got a positive on Clear blue..

Options
  • 10-11-2017 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭

Just got an immediate positive on a Clearblue Plus. An ordinary test, not the digital.

I was excited, still waiting for husband to come home to tell him. But after some googling I found comments on people getting false positives.

Do I tell my husband?? Even though it might not be true positive?? I tested as I was two wks overdue, but after going off Pill a few months ago I was thinking I was just erratic.

Help? Advice?

Edit: yes, I am panicking a little!

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Two weeks overdue?I'd say the test is right.
    Do another one if you really want to be sure, but I would think you're pregnant :-)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Hah! I remember googling and finding all sorts about false positives...although it's possible, I think it's very rare. My gp laughed when I told him I took more than one test! Congratulations!

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭NotTotallySure

Thanks all.

Told my husband when he got in. He suggested champagne to celebrate. So far I've still got the shakes. Happy terrified.

Been trying 3 months, age 38. No other kids.

I have a second test, will do it tomorrow to be sure.

After that... Is it worth going to a GP, or what the heck happens next :-)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Yep, GP for a general check up and to get yourself into the system (registered for combined care).Decide what hospital you're going to and then public or private. Your GP will answer any other questions!
    Congratulations!

(For what it's worth, on my second I found out on an unrelated GP visit that I was pregnant, and I still went home and did a ClearBlue test....even though I was a good 14 days over and the GPs test had been quite clearly positive!!!!)

I have other longterm health issues , so yep a gp visit would be wise. The reason I did a test, apart from being 2wks late, was I felt weird even by my usual standards!

Time to go put my feet up and process the news!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

I have other longterm health issues , so yep a gp visit would be wise. The reason I did a test, apart from being 2wks late, was I felt weird even by my usual standards!

Time to go put my feet up and process the news!

Congratulations :)

May I ask, when is the first hospital appointment? If everything goes well if course. I have a close friend who works in the maternity hospital, and I'd hate her to just see my name on her appointments book! But then again I don't want to mention this too early either.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭frogstar

May I ask, when is the first hospital appointment? If everything goes well if course. I have a close friend who works in the maternity hospital, and I'd hate her to just see my name on her appointments book! But then again I don't want to mention this too early either.

Usually 12weeks, you are probably 4-5weeks at this stage. Many get a private scan before the 12weeks at 8/10 weeks for peace of mind. About 80-90 euro

Congratulations

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭poeticmakaveli

Hopefully I am not a little premature, but congratulations!! And without even knowing you I am happy for you and your husband!
    Good luck with everything!

Advertisement