Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbors on Fibre, unavailable for me

Options
  • 10-11-2017 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

A few months ago EIR reps called to all houses locally(rural area) that did not have EIR and offered them fibre. Offered to pay the cancellation fee to get them out of their contracts with other providers such as Imagine(my parents signed up for this and still waiting) . EIR and KN networks vans have been installing fiber for these customer over the last month, neighbor who is 50 meters in front of me got fiber installed this week.

I have called sales and support and have been told that fiber is not available yet even though neighbors on the same line have it. Can you tell me why you would offer this service to non EIR customers and ignore current EIR customers?

Called Imagine today, who can offer fiber and will be out next week to test the signal. Hopefully it will work and I can cancel my account with ye.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

superted81 wrote: »
    A few months ago EIR reps called to all houses locally(rural area) that did not have EIR and offered them fibre. Offered to pay the cancellation fee to get them out of their contracts with other providers such as Imagine(my parents signed up for this and still waiting) . EIR and KN networks vans have been installing fiber for these customer over the last month, neighbor who is 50 meters in front of me got fiber installed this week.

I have called sales and support and have been told that fiber is not available yet even though neighbors on the same line have it. Can you tell me why you would offer this service to non EIR customers and ignore current EIR customers?

Called Imagine today, who can offer fiber and will be out next week to test the signal. Hopefully it will work and I can cancel my account with ye.
    Hi superted81, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us. 

Unfortunately, the Fibre service is subject to availability and not all customer's can avail of the service. Each house is individual for the service. 

Feel free to PM me your account details and name on the account and I'll clarify this for you.  

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement