Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bicycle line plasma bib kickers

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,598 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

thebourke wrote: »
    Would they be warm for cycling over the winter?
    first line in the specs:
    "CTA 6: Designed for temperatures 20C+"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭thebourke

can you recommend a pair for winter cycling? budget up to 60/70 euro

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,598 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

where are you based? the warmest kit i have is a set of gist windproof bib leggings, which if memory serves, cost €85 in humphries.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭thebourke

based in dublin 12........looking for weekend cycles to sally gap etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭irishrover99

I don't have this model youve linked but I do have similar bicycle line bib tights and they are great. Into my fourth winter with them and they still hold their shape as if new. The fabric around the back is getting a bit thinner but they've done many many kms in terrible weather. I'd definitely buy another one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

thebourke wrote: »
    can you recommend a pair for winter cycling? budget up to 60/70 euro

Look at Wiggles DHB range either Classic Thermal or Aeron Winter tights (€67 & €77 respectively)

I have a pair of their Classic Thernal winter bib tights and they’re brilliant. I’ve used them for the last 2 winters in temperatures down to freezing and been perfectly warm and comfortable in them. They’re currently €67 posted.

Wiggle

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

BTWINS Winter Bibs are great i find. Not too expensive either from Decathlon.

It's been mild so far and I've gotten away with leg warmers til now but will swap them for the winter bibs shortly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭brownian

Bicycle line stuff is pretty ok. But consider also the current BioRacer sale on sportpursuit. They seem to be the same stuff as Stolen Goat, which is IMHO pretty good. The fabrics are 'Tempest' (windproof) and 'Tempest Protect' (windproof and somewhat waterproof).

Advertisement