Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircode

Options
  • 11-11-2017 2:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭

Bloody great, saved me alot of time now that most online companies have it in use for insurance. None of this dickin around with 3/4 lines of addresses, bang in the Eircode and your away.

Dunno why the hate for the Eircode, great if you ask me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,013 ✭✭✭✭L1011

TallGlass wrote: »

Dunno why the hate for the Eircode, great if you ask me.

A promoter of a pointless concatenated geographical easting/northing code (not a postcode) spends their entire life creating fake hate for it. There is very little other hate beyond their pathetic efforts.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,013 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Deedsie wrote: »
    There may not be much hate but there is massive indifference towards using Eircodes. I always use Eircodes and I think that are great

Indifference and hatred are very different. It took decades for the US Zip codes or the UK post codes to become used to any great extent.

I'm pretty certain that some insurers (house, in this case) using Eircode to match against flood data is why I got a massively cheaper quote this year - the reasons to use it are manyfold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Oh right, well even on Google maps it's handy. Maybe Leo has got something more sinister at play. All I know is it saves me time on each site, typing in a my Eircode and it knows the rest. Previous it was, fighting each site to get the location correct. Nice and easy this year, actually wait, maybe the insurers don't want it easy, so yes very hard this year.

Advertisement