Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cork City FC on FIFA TV

• 11-11-2017 11:03am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 333 ✭✭

Having won the Airtricity League of Ireland, the FAI Cup, the Woman FAI Cup and the U17 League of Ireland Cork City's profile was further enhanced with a feature on FIFA TV:

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/sport/cork-city-on-fifa-tv-will-get-you-in-the-mood-for-tomorrows-cup-final-812724.html

With all the new signings and resignings announced this week the future looks very strong for Cork City, with crowds averaging 5,000 in Turners Cross and now an opportunity to compete in the UEFA Champions League next year.

Suspect 2018 season tickets sales at the 'Cross could create a new League of Ireland record. Great to see.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

Im looking forward to Cork coming to the RSC an we beating them :D

Good team good manager amd i hope they do well in the CL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 333 ✭✭Alfa Quadrifoglio

alta stare wrote: »
    Im looking forward to Cork coming to the RSC an we beating them :D

Good team good manager amd i hope they do well in the CL.

Cork City brought huge crowds to all their away games this season, they will bring a massive crowd to Waterford next year

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,351 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Cork City brought huge crowds to all their away games this season, they will bring a massive crowd to Waterford next year

Loved going to Waterford for a game. I remember years ago, think it was st.stephens day or the day after, huge city crowd behind the goal on the right jumping and chanting all the way through Just to stay warm as it was freezing. Good times!

Hopefully the future is bright for City !!

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Zico !

Jeez that fish market guy pops up everywhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

Yeah im looking forward to it. I hope we can be competitive and finish in the top half. Its good to have the top teams back to the RSC.

• Advertisement

Zico ! wrote: »
    Jeez that fish market guy pops up everywhere

A great video, yea he pops up on anything Cork related.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

Suspect 2018 season tickets sales at the 'Cross could create a new League of Ireland record. Great to see.

Think we got around 1,000-1,200 season ticket holders this season, which was a club record. Was a club record (and beat a club record set just a couple of seasons ago). But I think Rovers got around 2,000 in their first season in Tallaght in 2009, which is probably a league record in modern times, at least.

I think one of the big reasons for their high season tickets, as well as finally moving to Tallaght, was the capacity was so limited at the start. For the first few months, they only had one stand of around 2,700 seats. With supply so low, people knew that there wouldn't be many tickets on general sale, especially for big matches (and all of them at the start would probably be classed as big matches) and that probably helped to drive demand even higher.

I think we'll probably fall shy of getting to that level of ST sales. All going well, maybe 1,500. They were on sale at the Bray match, which had a full house, and the pre-Cup final training session, so hopefully that helped to boost the sales. As well as the general hype and great feeling surrounding the club, of course, that's probably never been at this level before.

i think Cork City will beat Rovers record of season ticket holders because of the interest and support created by the Double and the prospect of UEFA Champions League glory

Advertisement