Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recycling numbers query

Options
  • 11-11-2017 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hello,

I am a bill pay meteor customer.

I moved abroad for a year in January and have continued paying my bill each month as I wish to have the same number for when i return to Ireland.

My intention was to occasionally use my number while abroad to keep it active but I lost the sim card in February. I attempted to get a replacement sent to my registered address in Ireland but was told I would be required to go in to a shop in person which is not possible since I am living abroad.

Now, I have assumed that my number being inactive for a number of months should not be an issue as I have continued to pay my monthly bill. However, I am in a number of whatsapp groups with my current (foreign) number and my Meteor number. The meteor number has simultaneously left all these whatsapp groups today so it has me a little worried that the number has been cancelled and recycled - which obviously should not be the case as I coninue to pay a monthly bill.

Can I get some clarification on this please? I can pm my mobile number

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donal55

Exact same problem here. Moved from bill pay to payg last week but wanted a new number and put a brand new sim straight from the package into my phone.

Topped up with credit, activated phone but am unable to register sim on the my eir app. I started a post on here looking to resolve this issue but have been informed by eir tech that my new number is already registered on My Eir to another person. I was even given that other person's email address.
    To date Eir have not come back to me on how they are going to resolve this issue.
    But to answer your question Eir obviously do recycle numbers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Hello,

I am a bill pay meteor customer.

I moved abroad for a year in January and have continued paying my bill each month as I wish to have the same number for when i return to Ireland.

My intention was to occasionally use my number while abroad to keep it active but I lost the sim card in February. I attempted to get a replacement sent to my registered address in Ireland but was told I would be required to go in to a shop in person which is not possible since I am living abroad.

Now, I have assumed that my number being inactive for a number of months should not be an issue as I have continued to pay my monthly bill. However, I am in a number of whatsapp groups with my current (foreign) number and my Meteor number. The meteor number has simultaneously left all these whatsapp groups today so it has me a little worried that the number has been cancelled and recycled - which obviously should not be the case as I coninue to pay a monthly bill.

Can I get some clarification on this please? I can pm my mobile number

Thanks
    Hi George Bailey, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here. 

Feel free to PM me your mobile and PIN and I'll have a look at this for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Donal55 wrote: »
    Exact same problem here. Moved from bill pay to payg last week but wanted a new number and put a brand new sim straight from the  package into my phone.

Topped up with credit, activated phone but am unable to register sim on the my eir app. I started a post on here looking to resolve this issue but have been informed by eir tech that my new number is already registered on My Eir to another person. I was even given that other person's email address.
    To date Eir have not come back to me on how they are going to resolve this issue.
    But to answer your question Eir obviously do recycle numbers.
    Hi Donal55, 

I've responded to your PM. 

Thanks

Tracey 

Advertisement