Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Track World Cup Manchester

Options
  • 11-11-2017 11:53am
    Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,418 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

Thought I would start a thread from my position on the front row with the home straight pursuit line in front of me. Might try and get some pics up later. Was here last night and will be in the track centre tonight when the Lydias will be going in the Madison

Felix English will be in the Omnium with 2 events this morning and 2 in the evening

Action gets underway just after 11 with the Mens sprint qualification. The women's TP qualification will follow

Don't know if Eurosport are covering this session live and I'll try and post updates. You can also follow on Tissottiming.com

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,418 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

No Irish interest in the sprint. Fastest of 32 in the qualification round was Harrie Levreysen of the Netherlands with a time of 9.646, with 20 breaking the 10s barrier.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,418 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Disaster in the TP with one Irish rider not getting the wheel leaving only 3 riders to do the whole ride. They were then caught by Poland.

Time was over 4:50 (clock did not stop as the Poles were crossing the same line just before them.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Beasty wrote: »
    Disaster in the TP with one Irish rider not getting the wheel leaving only 3 riders to do the whole ride. They were then caught by Poland.

Time was over 4:50 (clock did not stop as the Poles were crossing the same line just before them.

Women's tp I presume? Pity :(
    *fights urge to ask who lost the wheel *

They're pretty new to it in fairness

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

This is on Eurosport by the by.

Watched it last night for a bit and said, i bet Beasty is there somewhere

Try and get these in the right thread this time:

Felix starts his Tempo:

• Advertisement

Some "special" super fast Team GB wheels in this one:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

It’s on BBC as well. Surprised a thread did not emerge last night.

I have no idea what a Beasty looks like but will keep an eye out for any obvious contenders in the front row/track centre :D

Mark Potts up now in the Scratch

Scratch was yesterday!

The Lydias take 4th in the Madison. Excellent performance given they missed one change and Gurley was almost taken out at one stage.

Kaisr Sose wrote: »

I have no idea what a Beasty looks like but will keep an eye out for any obvious contenders in the front row/track centre :D
    Currently in track centre beside the podium. Was here last night and will be here tomorrow afternoon. Will be front row just in front of finish line in the morning.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,598 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

oldbeast.jpg

That's definitely not me. I stopped wearing a suit and tie years ago mb...

Anyway back again. Action starts in a couple of minutes with Robyn Stewart going in the sprint qualification

Front row, about 2m in front of the finish line this morning.

Robyn starts her 1st round head to head

Alas I think this will be the last we see if her as she did not make it through and there is no repechage..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

It’s on BBC as well. Surprised a thread did not emerge last night.

He is a bit older and looks slightly different after he had small accident

cd1uayhl90b1j1pi8ji5.jpg

The men's Madison is up soon. Felix English and Marc Potts go for Ireland. Felix has had a crazy few weeks and looked like he was suffering yesterday (which was confirmed by him today). I've given him a couple of weeks off to get his mojo back (actually is this the right thread for that sort of stuff?)

8th for the boys, putting Ireland 6th after 2 events. The Lydias have put Ireland in 4th overall but may have to look out for a strong Canadian team who did not travel to this event (but will be on their home pine at the next event early in December)

Advertisement