Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motorbike shipping

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Are you buying blind? I think that is nuts.

I've bought 20+ bikes blind from Germany with zero issues.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

Are you buying blind? I think that is nuts.
    I bought my 8 year old 9,000 miles BMW K1300S in November from a dealer based on the photos. It is perfect.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

galwaytt wrote: »
    I've bought 20+ bikes blind from Germany with zero issues.

Each to their own.

German bikes are probably in better condition than Irish ones - they have an NCT or similar I assume.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Following on from that - what websites would you recommend for finding a nice German bike for sale? Are there any makes and models that offer exceptional value?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,957 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Mobile.de or Autoscout

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭lalababa

lalababa wrote: »
    Don't know the set up but I'd assume you'd be able to give it a once over on delivery and have the option of refund if there's something obviously wrong. They are some kind of a dealers afterall.

Looks like it will arrive in Waterford in a special crate. So what are my chances of getting to Waterford from Cork in a van??........"supply/service/maintenance of motor vehicles ...are exempt from travel restrictions"

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭robbie_63

lalababa wrote: »
    Looks like it will arrive in Waterford in a special crate. So what are my chances of getting to Waterford from Cork in a van??........"supply/service/maintenance of motor vehicles ...are exempt from travel restrictions"

I'd say you will be fine, your only travelling to collect your bike from a garage where it was getting serviced.

What did you get?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭lalababa

The bike I wanted was gone☹️. It was a 97cb250 but might aswell of been new , it was in that good a condition. The guy in montana motorcycles was English and could ship to Cork aswell. Anyone deal with the guy in Middleton that sells german reg. bikes?

Advertisement