Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike test and indicators fast flashing... fail?

• 11-11-2017 12:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 700 ✭✭✭

Suzuki Bandit 600, not sure why the indicators are fast flashing, no bulb blown....

Would this be a bike riding test fail? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

You have got smaller bulbs than stock or they are LED bulbs or you have a short somewhere in your electrics

I would guess it would be a fail in some cases and not in others depending on the tester and how visible the indicators are while flashing fast.

the trouble with them flashing fast is the bulbs don't get to full brightness for very long so in the sun etc they can't be seen.

You can use resistors to make the bulbs flash at the correct frequency so you should do that to be on the safe side for the test

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭CaptainR

My left hand side ones were fast flashing after I had a different indicator fitted on the rear left. The tester went through all the checks with me and he said something like "Oh they're flashing faster... Ah but as long as their visible" and he didn't mark me down.

He was really sound though and I only got one grade 2 and no grade 1s, even though I know I made a few mistakes so it really does depend on the tester.

Advertisement