Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda trainee appeal

• 11-11-2017 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

I've have recently received a letter from an gardai much to my disappointment that I am generally unsuitable to become a trainee. I have the option of taking up an informal appeal followed by a formal appeal if I disagree with their reasoning.

I am just wondering has anybody else gone through this ordeal and if so how did it go?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Butters97

I've have recently received a letter from an gardai much to my disappointment that I am generally unsuitable to become a trainee. I have the option of taking up an informal appeal followed by a formal appeal if I disagree with their reasoning.

I am just wondering has anybody else gone through this ordeal and if so how did it go?

What all did you have complete when you received this letter? Like did you have your pct finished and sergeant and super interviews done?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 111 ✭✭JC43

Go for it . Sure what have you to lose. Have you any idea why ? Had you any sixth sense that this would happen. Had you been in trouble or had family that has rocked the boat so to speak. Perhaps someone that you put down as a reference maybe didn't give you one as glowing as you think or deserve.
    You need a chance to see what has happened ? You've waited long enough. Do it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭mattser

I think this might have something to do with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 jerry1777

I fear something like this might be in store down the line for me also,both my parents were chronic Alchoholics both divorced.and have been in trouble with the law for years.i fear I will be persecuted for their choices.i have only recently passed the interview so am wondering at what point did you get this letter?was it after you had everything completed and were just waiting on a start date? I would rather be prepared for dissapointment than have a letter arrive out of nowhere which would be devastating.you should appeal it and see what there reasons are otherwise you'll always be wondering.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Mkidston

mattser wrote: »
    I think this might have something to do with it.

What do you mean?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 Sam4thehills

How did you get on with your appeal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Kh90

Hi just read your thread there and just wondering did you appeal their decision and if so what wasn’t the outcome? Also how far along the recruitment were you when you received the letter and did you have anything on your background that you thought might not get signed off?

Advertisement