Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iOS 11 using Gmail on the native Mail app.

Options
  • 11-11-2017 1:40pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭

I switched from the native Mail app to Google Inbox years ago but now that I have the X and Google haven’t updated their apps I figured I would try out the native Mail app again.

I’m having problems though.

I’ve set up my gmail on it as a Google account. (IMAP is enabled on my Gmail account). However emails are not automatically being pushed to my phone therefore I’m getting to Mail notifications.

Can anyone help?

I have notifications on and Mail set to Push. Am I missing something?

I’m on the latest version of iOS.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

I don't think the native email app supports push for anything other than iCloud. I never got it to push and the 15 minutes setting was okay for work bulk mails but no good for actual emails.
    What possibly highlighted this for me was that we use Gmail for business, so routing through apple pull was roundabout.
    I used the Gmail app for work and inbox for personal.

Recently I started using spark as my mail client. Seems better at handling push.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Thanks, I’ll give Spark a try and see how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭deep1

Google stopped push support long time back on iPhone.
    https://www.google.co.uk/amp/appleinsider.com/articles/13/03/25/googles-push-gmail-changes-surprise-new-iphone-buyers-apple-store-reps/amp/

I really love the apple mail app ( as it handles formatting much better than any 3rd party app and no privacy concern) so I use gmail app for notification with no badge and read through native app. Works well.

Advertisement