Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC FIGHT NIGHT POIRIER V PETTIS

Options
  • 11-11-2017 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,863 ✭✭✭✭

nbaskh.jpg

It'll be hard to top last weeks card but this card looks like it has war written all over it.
    The main event for me is the hardest one to call in a long time, pettis back to his proper weight class and poirier did imo look pretty good v alvarez ....coin toss, maybe poirier for me but if pettis take the fight to poirier you would think he'd have an advantage.

brown sanchez should be a good fight, you'd imagine matt should have the edge if he fights a smart fight.
    I don't want to see marquardt fight anyone, wish he'd just retire and speaking of lads who should retire...arlovski, think he might be taking a nap in this one.

lauzon guida...90 fights between them says it all here, another coin toss, only 33 and 35 so they'll probably be around for a few more years yet.

Dodson moraes should be pretty lively, northcutt now trains with tam so expect to see huge improvement there :P and lastly I think angela hills beats the snot out of nunes girlfriend.

watch later when langered or watch tomorrow morning the only dilemma :P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Rugby - football - ??? - UFC

Gonna be a long day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

I see Matt Brown is now having second thoughts about retiring, I like Matt a lot but I hope for his own sake he does retire. This is as close to a hometown fight as he'll ever get so I hope he gets the win and leaves it at that

Not sure if I want to stay up until 6am for thsi one, I might just watch it tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 29,849 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Some absolutely cracking fights on this one. Should be a great card top to bottom.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

I said it in the gambling thread but I believe Poirier is a top 5 lightweight. He was robbed in the Alvarez fight imo. I expect him to dominate Pettis tonight.

Fairly gas to see Lauzon vs Guida, it's like a scrap youd have expected to see at UFC 85!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

The thought of Brown-Sanchez is terrifying. Combined levels of brain damage absolutely off the charts.

What time is first fight?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

Thought Fortuna won that fight myself.

People think Super Sage wins tonight?

People think Super Sage wins tonight?

I'm really interested to see what his time at TAM away from his control freak father has done for his development.

• Advertisement

I had Strickland slightly shading that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Fantastic womens scrap

Sage is looking good

Great to see Faber in Sage's corner. Faber is such a great ambassador for the sport, he has loads of business opportunities outside of MMA but you can just tell he loves the fight game more than anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

Not sure if I want to stay up until 6am for thsi one, I might just watch it tomorrow

:p I said the same, but hooked as usual!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Ivan Drago's son is doing well so far :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Impressive by sage. A much more mature and calmer performance

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

darced wrote: »

Think he uses range well but he has no head movement. Trimming the fat on his kicks has worked well, those side kicks kept your man guessing all night. Focusing on effective technique rather than flashyness

Really looking forward to Moraes vs Dodson. I can't stand Dodson, he's an annoying little bollix but I think he'll have too much for Moraes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

actually really liking felder in commentary fighters perspective and not as crap as dc

Potentially FOTN next in a night of great fights.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Strongly dislike dodson

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

lol, bizarre scoring

Fairly dull so far. Hopefully things get better

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

ive got lauzon and guida.
    I don't think there is too much between diego and matt as the odds suggest, diego is a grinder.
    Not sure if lauzon can beat guida as he is also a grinder but I'm hoping he pulls a nice submission.

Now that fight woke me up again! Great finish!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

Deadst4r wrote: »
    ive got lauzon and guida.
    I don't think there is too much between diego and matt as the odds suggest, diego is a grinder.
    Not sure if lauzon can beat guida as he is also a grinder but I'm hoping he pulls a nice submission.
    nobody bet on diego

Advertisement