Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wifi calling

Options
  • 11-11-2017 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭

I currently have two numbers on my plan, one is PAYG and the other which my wife uses is sim only (30day,€30). I moved/was moved from meteor and when I moved I enable wifi calling on my wife iPhone 8+.  There was no hassle it just worked and she need her phone for work so that was great.

Now I want to move my phone to a sim only (30day) plan to enable wifi calling on my phone but when I read some of the threads I see you telling people that you have to have bought the phone from Eir but that wasn't the case with my wife phone.

Can you tell me what I need to do to in terms of upgrading my plan get wifi calling on my phone (iPhone X).  I do not obviously want a long term contract only a sim only 30day at max.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭sean72

Hi can you advise on the above please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

sean72 wrote: »
    I currently have two numbers on my plan, one is PAYG and the other which my wife uses is sim only (30day,€30). I moved/was moved from meteor and when I moved I enable wifi calling on my wife iPhone 8+.  There was no hassle it just worked and she need her phone for work so that was great.

Now I want to move my phone to a sim only (30day) plan to enable wifi calling on my phone but when I read some of the threads I see you telling people that you have to have bought the phone from Eir but that wasn't the case with my wife phone.

Can you tell me what I need to do to in terms of upgrading my plan get wifi calling on my phone (iPhone X).  I do not obviously want a long term contract only a sim only 30day at max.
    Hi sean72, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us. 

All android phones need to be purchased through ourselves, however,  iphones do not. 

All packages that are eligible for the service are listed here - https://www.eir.ie/wificalling/ 

If you are not on one of these plans, the customer care team on 1901 will be able to change this for you. They can explore all options with you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭sean72

Hi sean72, 

All android phones need to be purchased through ourselves, however,  iphones do not. 

All packages that are eligible for the service are listed here - https://www.eir.ie/wificalling/ ;

If you are not on one of these plans, the customer care team on 1901 will be able to change this for you. They can explore all options with you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    that link doesn't load

Hi there thanks I rang and spent ages trying to get through but when I did I was told that you can't upgrade from PAYG to a 30 day sim only plan? The guy that told me sounded unsure at best.  Can I check with you that that is actually the case??? I've never heard of that before?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Hi sean72, 

All packages that are eligible for the service are listed here - https://www.eir.ie/wificalling/ ;

Thanks 

Tracey 
    that link doesn't load

Hi there thanks I rang and spent ages trying to get through but when I did I was told that you can't upgrade from PAYG to a 30 day sim only plan? The guy that told me sounded unsure at best.  Can I check with you that that is actually the case??? I've never heard of that before?
    Apologies, my mistake. This link should work for you - https://www.eir.ie/wificalling

I can confirm this is incorrect, you can change from PAYG to a 30 day sim only plan however this can only be done online or in store. An agent over the phone will not be able to process it. 

Thanks 

Tracey  

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭The Premier Man

Sorry for dragging back up an old thread but I am looking into changing from Vodafone to eir 30 day sim only plan mainly due to WiFi calling. My big query though is that I got my phone from Vodafone (they did unlock it though) and I have seen where WiFi calling can only be enabled on phones purchased from eir. I am enquiring if this is still the case, my phone is a Samsung s7

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭eir: Kyle

Sorry for dragging back up an old thread but I am looking into changing from Vodafone to eir 30 day sim only plan mainly due to WiFi calling. My big query though is that I got my phone from Vodafone (they did unlock it though) and I have seen where WiFi calling can only be enabled on phones purchased from eir. I am enquiring if this is still the case, my phone is a Samsung s7
    Hi there The Premier Man

Thank you for getting in touch. I can confirm that all Samsung handsets must have been purchased from Meteor or eir

-Kyle

Advertisement