Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone X Discussion (No Delivery Talk)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

The tracking on my delivery isn’t upda... nah just kidding...

Got mine today. Set up as new phone as I’ve been rolling devices since the 3GS. Coming from 7+ I love the size. Fits in the hand very well. FaceID is flawless for me so far. Safari autofilling passwords using it is impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭akadesign

Great idea, getting lost in that thread.

Anyone any thoughts on a wireless charger? Is the Ikea one anygood?

Also anyone seen any of the official Apple Silcone in bricks and mortor stores? Would like to try one out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,941 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

akadesign wrote: »

Also anyone seen any of the official Apple Silcone in bricks and mortor stores? Would like to try one out.

I seen the silicone covers in iConnect. Haven’t used the wireless charging yet would be interested in the Air Matt when it is released Ikea one seems decent.

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Registered Users Posts: 4,220 ✭✭✭digiman

Has anyone got a new armband for running for the X?

Also, I've got wireless charging in my car. I drove from Cork to Dublin today and the phone went from 1% to 28% in about 2hrs 15mins. I was on a phone call for less than 30mins. I'm not sure is it that the inbuilt charger in the BMW 5 series is very slow or is it the phone that is slow to charge. Thoughts?

Marty Bird wrote: »
    I seen the silicone covers in iConnect. Haven’t used the wireless charging yet would be interested in the Air Matt when it is released Ikea one seems decent.

Great will have a look in iconnect. Might give the Ikea one a try but will miss the upright position that my dock used to give me.

• Advertisement

digiman wrote: »
    Has anyone got a new armband for running for the X?

Also, I've got wireless charging in my car. I drove from Cork to Dublin today and the phone went from 1% to 28% in about 2hrs 15mins. I was on a phone call for less than 30mins. I'm not sure is it that the inbuilt charger in the BMW 5 series is very slow or is it the phone that is slow to charge. Thoughts?

I think it depends on the wattage, I think Apple will enable fast charging via a software update.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

I think it depends on the wattage, I think Apple will enable fast charging via a software update.

They’re only upping it from 5w to 7.5, so not that much of a bump.

2hr 10mins from completely dead to 100% with the 12w iPad charger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Took the phone off charge at 6.45 this morning at now at 2pm I’m at 86%. Very impressed.

Lack of home button hasn’t hit me at all, if I do go to press it you remember it’s not there as soon as your thumb hits the screen, which is in the exact place you need it to be.

I would like do not disturb to show up on the status bar tho. I can see it in control Centre, but really they could have removed the carrier signal instead maybe.

Still have yet to see FaceID fail, it’s great. Would like a better way to purchase apps tho. Double tapping the side button is a little clunky.

Danbo! wrote: »
    Took the phone off charge at 6.45 this morning at now at 2pm I’m at 86%. Very impressed.

Lack of home button hasn’t hit me at all, if I do go to press it you remember it’s not there as soon as your thumb hits the screen, which is in the exact place you need it to be.

I would like do not disturb to show up on the status bar tho. I can see it in control Centre, but really they could have removed the carrier signal instead maybe.

Still have yet to see FaceID fail, it’s great. Would like a better way to purchase apps tho. Double tapping the side button is a little clunky.

Yeah it’s a pity the time doesn’t turn blue similar to when your on a call it turns green to give you an indication that it’s on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

mad muffin wrote: »

I've no idea doesn’t look right all the same like a wallpaper rather than the actual lock screen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

Can’t complain with the one I got:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/ya/ref=yo_ii_bia_view?ie=UTF8&ac=bia&reorder_params=B01N0XZDMD,206-5028020-0567534

Seems to charge quick enough. I use it in work - hook it up to computer USB

• Registered Users Posts: 4,443 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Am loving the device,

bought a wireless charger in Germany, thinking same power different connection, but its making mad noises at the plug end when the phone is not attached

Mad

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

snowflaker wrote: »
    Can’t complain with the one I got:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/ya/ref=yo_ii_bia_view?ie=UTF8&ac=bia&reorder_params=B01N0XZDMD%2C206-5028020-0567534

Seems to charge quick enough. I use it in work - hook it up to computer USB

Have ya got the correct link?

You've linked to your own order detail page.

Am loving the device,

bought a wireless charger in Germany, thinking same power different connection, but its making mad noises at the plug end when the phone is not attached

Mad

That’s normal. Mine does the same but when it’s charging it’s silent.

Actually I thought it was the pad that was making the noise but it’s the wall plug.

Have ya got the correct link?

You've linked to your own order detail page.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01N0XZDMD/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Any body having problems with Face ID and the AIB moblie app won’t work for log in.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

How do you do that thing that used to be achieved by lightly tapping the home button twice? Pulls the screen down

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

faceman wrote: »
    How do you do that thing that used to be achieved by lightly tapping the home button twice? Pulls the screen down

http://osxdaily.com/2017/11/11/activate-reachability-iphone-x/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Any body having problems with Face ID and the AIB moblie app won’t work for log in.

Working ok for me

Rew wrote: »
    Working ok for me

Still not working for me I had to disable FaceID.

Does anyone know where I can find the clown fish wallpaper that’s the proper resolution or close to the X? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,442 ✭✭✭JoeA3

This may have been raised already but has anyone else noticed a problem with landscape / portrait mode?
    I had the issue just now and I’m sure I noticed it before too. In any app - turn phone on its side and it won’t switch to landscape mode. Toggling portrait lock in the control centre didn’t fix it, certainly not this time. Restarted phone and it’s fine again. Odd. Ios11 bug perhaps?

JoeA3 wrote: »
    This may have been raised already but has anyone else noticed a problem with landscape / portrait mode?
    I had the issue just now and I’m sure I noticed it before too. In any app - turn phone on its side and it won’t switch to landscape mode. Toggling portrait lock in the control centre didn’t fix it, certainly not this time. Restarted phone and it’s fine again. Odd. Ios11 bug perhaps?

Don’t have that problem. I did have a problem with the camera earlier today. Tried to take a photo and it did this weird focus back and forth thing but it was extremely pixelated and then the picture froze and I couldn’t take. Photo. I could swipe over to portrait, and video and it worked fine there. But not in photo or pano or square. I took a photo with portrait, and then the camera worked fine again. Strange bug. Or defective camera? I don’t know.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Still not working for me I had to disable FaceID.

I don’t get the option of using faceid with the AIB app. Same goes for the Laya app.

They drop out of my left ear but may have to get used to positioning them

faceman wrote: »
    I don’t get the option of using faceid with the AIB app. Same goes for the Laya app.

When I logged in first when I set the phone up it asked me to use FaceID it’s in FaceID & Passcode> other apps still not working.

• Advertisement

When I logged in first when I set the phone up it asked me to use FaceID it’s in FaceID & Passcode> other apps still not working.

There’s an option within the AIB app to switch on touchid/faceid. Just saw it there. Mine was off by default.

Advertisement