Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone X Discussion (No Delivery Talk)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,941 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

faceman wrote: »
    There’s an option within the AIB app to switch on touchid/faceid. Just saw it there. Mine was off by default.

Mine is on still not working for me.

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

Man the screen on this makes browsing the Web feel lovely.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Marty Bird wrote: »
    Mine is on still not working for me.

Id delete the app and resetup. Sounds like the the system permission to use Face ID might have got trashed in the import of old data.

Rew wrote: »
    Id delete the app and resetup. Sounds like the the system permission to use Face ID might have got trashed in the import of old data.

School boy error on my part deleted and reinstalled works a treat now. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭super_sweeney

Hey Guys,

Currently in Japan and thinking of getting an Iphone X here as its way way cheaper. I have a 6 currently and its a little slo but just wondering is it worth the 1000 euro upgrade...

thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Hey Guys,

Currently in Japan and thinking of getting an Iphone X here as its way way cheaper. I have a 6 currently and its a little slo but just wondering is it worth the 1000 euro upgrade...

thanks
    I had the 6s and think it’s worth it.
    But it depends on how u feel about dropping 1k, so only u can answer that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

What differences or advantages are there in setting a phone up as new versus backing up the new phone
    If my older model is fairly tidy regarding apps and photos that is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

soundsham wrote: »
    What differences or advantages are there in setting a phone up as new versus backing up the new phone
    If my older model is fairly tidy regarding apps and photos that is

I set mine up as new as I had been restoring from backups for every new phone since the 3GS. I don’t know how much is down to a new phone (coming from 7+) but some bugs which seemed unique to me are gone. For example, some widgets didn’t display right, email notifications were messed up, and late, etc. iMessages sometimes failed to send to my wife for the last 2 phones.

On a broader level, I culled a load of apps I never used. It also took a lot less time than expected. I just sat down with both phones and downloaded the apps I wanted, and my contacts, bookmarks, etc came via iCloud.

Downside is all my keyboard shortcuts, text messages and autocorrect history are gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Is anyone able to insert a thin piece of paper (like a receipt) between the screen and the frame of the phone? Especially at the top? Only reason I ask, is because I’m getting dust stuck up there. Happened to my 6 and 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

Any way of getting battery % to show or alarm being set on home screen ?

• Advertisement

soundsham wrote: »
    Any way of getting battery % to show or alarm being set on home screen ?

No it’s only on control centre for alarm and battery or swipe right and add the battery widget.

Advertisement