Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Moving from Sony to Samsung

• 11-11-2017 4:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭

Hi all

My last three phones have been Sony Xperias but im making the jump over to Samsung this time. Should have an S8 next week.

I've always moved over using the sony desktop companion but this time i cant.

Whats the best way to move my apps and data over?

I'm having an issue backing my xperia up to my google drive as well. The app backup fails at 50%:mad:

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

I moved from a z3 to an s8 earlier this year. It is a very easy process, there is a Samsung moving app you install on both phones and will sync everything up, call logs, sms messages etc. With the lack of a physical home button on the s8, you really will have a minimal learning curve.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭dashoonage

is the app called samsung moving app ?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

dashoonage wrote: »
    is the app called samsung moving app ?

Samsung smart switch is the name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Thanks for the info! glad i asked now :P

Advertisement