Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GROUPON NON- DELIVERY

Options
  • 11-11-2017 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭

I recently purchased a dressing table on Groupon. I was told to expect this delivery within 8 working days. The 8 working days passed but no delivery. When I login to my Groupon account- I can see that the item has been purchased but there is no delivery date available. When I click on "tracking" no information is available either. I spoke about this to an agent through the Groupon live chat facility and was simply told that they will answer my query regarding the non - delivery within 10 working days!! I'm not at all happy with this. That's 2 weeks before they will even discuss this problem! I also sent an email to Groupon Customer Service and their reply stated that they would contact me within 24-48 hours. However- they did not contact me!!
    So now - I don't know what to do! The money for this furniture was taken from my account and Groupon don't seem to care!! What can I do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Golfwidow

Can anyone suggest how I can proceed? Anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

Can you do a chargeback? I've only had to deal with their customer care once and I remember it being a pain in the hole but I did eventually get the refund.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Hi OP

its not clear how many days 'late' your delivery is. When looking at delivery i would usually count them as working days, so 8 days not including sat & sun.

As the item is late, and you have contacted groupon, and they have not got back to you yet. they said within 10 working days, which is long; but within 10 working days does not mean they will take 10 working days. so sit back and await their response. you do understand they need to contact the vendor, and see if proof of postage is available etc? and the vendor may not work weekends etc?

You wont be left out of pocket here, that wont happen. However postage can take longer than planned. If and when your parcel arrives, i would seek info on when it was posted, look at the packaging for a date etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭tringle

I've found groupon deliveries to be particularly long but have always arrived

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Golfwidow

I absolutely did allow more than 8 working days for delivery . I totally understand not to count Saturday and Sunday in those days!!
    I finally got through to a Groupon agent on the phone yesterday. I found a Dublin registered number that got me through. I insisted to the agent that my case was looked into straight away. I really didn't want to be fobbed off.
    After a wait on the phone, It transpires that my good money was taken for an item that was actually out of stock before I had even purchased it. I can't understand why it was still advertised on the Groupon website then?? The agent agreed that I would be refunded but that it would probably take approx 7 working days!!
    This whole situation should not be allowed to happen - taking my money for a non- existent item and then very poor customer service and no follow up. They'll probably have had my money for over a month before it's eventually returned.
    I won't be dealing with Groupon again. I'd have expected a letter / email apologising for the mess up. Instead they sent me an email asking me to rate their customer service!!!
    Thanks to all who replied here. Hopefully I do get my refund soon 😳

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Had an issue with them a few months ago I gave them a call and got a refund without any issue.

Advertisement