Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas party refusing part timers

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

amtc wrote: »
    Well the Company I worked for who didn't invite contractors changed their mind when said contractors offered to pay the drinks bill. To this day I remember that party. One of the contractors left his wife waiting for him in the airport. Another fell asleep on a park bench in Merrion and was picked up for bring homeless. At the after party the dog got drunk on jagermaister.It was a public service body and let's put it this way we were asked never to return.

The same organisation had a policy where every year on your birthday you had go for dinner with the head.

When the head changed strangely enough these were dropped!

Really? Would love to hear more of that story.

OP, anywhere I have worked, all were welcome, part timers, contractors etc. We paid for ourselves so I suppose the company didn't have much say in who attended.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

Yeah the poor dog; someone force fed him alcohol and his poor little legs went from under him on wooden floors. I still feel guilty. We for some reason went back to someone's house. Broke the TV. One guy had to get a flight the next morning but hadn't a clue where he was. Another was also supposed to get a flight but someone had hidden his credit card. Another had to go back to the same restaurant next day to meet his new girlfriend's parents for the first time and was refused entry. I had to go to my mother's 60th dinner and was green.

The next Monday was noticeably very quiet in work. However nothing could be said as the hr director had got unbelievably drunk and passed out on the toilet floor.

However we were very restrained the next year. And to this day despite us all having left and working other places still very good friends.

Just on the original question I've just switched from salary to contractor (same company). I can go to party but have to pay...rest don't. Hr said it was to cover insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,432 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Part-timers - excluding them may constitute bullying.

Contractors - the thing is, providing a party for staff is tax free, doing it for contractors brings issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

amtc wrote: »
    Yeah the poor dog; someone force fed him alcohol and his poor little legs went from under him on wooden floors. I still feel guilty. We for some reason went back to someone's house. Broke the TV.

Just on the original question I've just switched from salary to contractor (same company). I can go to party but have to pay...rest don't. Hr said it was to cover insurance.

Oh right, I get it now. The dog was in someone's house. Poor dog :(

Advertisement