Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issue with an estimated bill

Options
  • 11-11-2017 6:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Hello guys, 

I need your help in order to resolve this.

I've recently ([font=Helvetica, Arial, "Arial Narrow", sans-serif]28-Aug-2017) [/font]moved into the apartment. I am living single and my electricity usage is low. 
    My first bill was estimated. I thought that I will supply my own meter reading to adjust it as it was slightly too high. I've submitted it and learned that it did not adjusted it, but instead a bill for only two days was issued. This was still all fine. 

I thought that I will supply another reading next month after 30 days to get a monthly bill. I did that, it is recorded in the system. However, I haven't received a bill but the info on my account says that next bill will be coming around 5 Dec, so one month from that. So far so good.

This evening, out of curiosity, I've clicked on 'estimate costs to date' and I was shocked: the system is showing 
    [font=StRyde-Medium, Arial, "Arial Narrow", sans-serif]Your estimated cost 
    to date is: €548.80[/font]
    This is obviously completely wrong. My usage is much lower than that. 
    1. Can you tell me what you can do to make sure I would not receive this incorrect sum in my next bill?
    2. Why the system is showing such a wrong estimated amount thats completely out of the scale?

With regards,
    Luke

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 52 Verified rep Electric Ireland: Anna

Hi Luke, 

Thank you for getting in touch. 

Can you please send us a private message with the following details:
    • Your full name as it appears on your Electric Ireland account
    • Your account number
    • The first line of your address
    • Your contact number or date of birth
    • A confirmation that you are the account holder (Yes/No)
    We can then look into this for you. 

Thanks,
    Anna

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭adonai

Good morning Anna,

I have sent you the requested details through the PM. 

• Company Representative Posts: 52 Verified rep Electric Ireland: Anna

Hi there, 

Thank you for letting us know. 

We received your message and will get back to you as soon as possible. 

Thanks, 
    Anna

Advertisement