Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from D15

Options
  • 11-11-2017 6:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭

This January mod is out of control.

Gave me a ban for ignoring an on mod warning. I said I didn't see the mod warning and accept the card previously.

My post was 3mins after the warning but it took me 5mins to type out what I was replying to and when I hit post reply the mod warning was there.

So I didn't post again and then a few hrs later Jan comes through waving the ban hammer and is now suggesting I should have deleted the post. Since when did that become a thing considering you guys can see deleted posts anyway.

So I'd like to appeal based on the fact there was no mod warning I failed to ignore as it wasn't there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Please discuss with the Mod to see if you can resolve this between you.
    If you can't sort it out come back here & a CMod will look into it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

No chance, was told straight away to come here.

Ok. Thanks for confirming that you tried resolving this with the Mod. A CMod will be along to review this.

Both Region CMods were involved in the thread in question. Would you be OK with me reviewing this instead?

Yeah, fine

• Advertisement

Grand so.

Please forward me the PM conversation with the Mod or post the PMs here.

Also, please provide me with your view of the events in that thread that led to your ban & why you feel the ban should be lifted.

Well I got banned for ignoring a mod warning. There was no warning when I posted so that's the crux of it

January wrote:
    RasTa wrote:
    Ah here my post was posted before the on thread warning. I was talking with the mod after he issued the card also and he didn't feel the need to ban.

I'd suggest removing this

You posted your second post just after Gaspode's warning and that's where the ban is coming from. I've spoken to Gaspode and we both believe the ban should stand. If you want to contest it you can do so in the DRP.
    RasTa wrote:
    It was 3mins after. I wouldn't have posted it if I saw the warning. I was responding to the veggie and after I submitted I saw the on thread warning as it took me about 5mins to respond as I had to tone it down a bit.

So to save everyone's time can you rescind?
    January wrote:
    No, I won't rescind, you had plenty of time to delete your post after you saw the warning but you didn't.
    RasTa wrote:

For not deleting my post? You serious? Since when did that become a rule?
    January wrote:
    I've already told you to take it to the DRP. You saw Gaspode's warning yet still left the post there for all to see, that's why you were banned. This will be the last PM I reply to.

I'm not seeing any reason to lift the ban to be honest. You were clearly trolling & putting down other posters on that thread.

You were infracted & a warning posted. I accept that you may not have seen the warning when you posted, but you had plenty of time to take down your post after it had been submitted.

The fact that you didn't, plus the fact that you continued to treat other posters derisively in your PM exchange ("I was responding to the veggie") & your opening statement in this appeal ("out of control" - seriously?) all lead me to conclude that a week off is indeed in order.

Well if statements such as referring to a vegetation as a veggie and out of control are reason to uphold the ban then so be it.

• Advertisement

They are certainly not the only reasons, but you know that. I called them out as they are relevant to the matter in hand & are a continuance of your trolling in the thread which resulted in your ban.

Closed.

tHB

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement