Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Republic of Ireland Team Talk/News/Rumours 2018/19

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Oh no plans to delete it

I'll take the flack for my inability to read the post in the first place, I deserve it

Anyway who the f**k does this Redmond guy play for at club level. I'm sure someone out there has at some stage refereed to them as "us"

Saaaaaafemton.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Oh no plans to delete it

I'll take the flack for my inability to read the post in the first place, I deserve it

Anyway who the f**k does this Redmond guy play for at club level. I'm sure someone out there has at some stage refereed to them as "us"

Ah, here! That's even more embarrassing! Whole internet in front of you Tod!

Southampton.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Lads would anyone know how I’d get tickets to a Southampton game? I saw someone refer to Shane Long earlier in the thread and then later someone mentioned Redmond playing for us. I presume it’s Nathan who also plays for us (Southampton), but I’m hardly to be expected to trawl through everyone’s post history!!

Edit: If it’s actually Charlie Redmond, would any of you know if he gets any spares for Croker that he’d sell cheap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Lads would anyone know how I’d get tickets to a Southampton game? I saw someone refer to Shane Long earlier in the thread and then later someone mentioned Redmond playing for us. I presume it’s Nathan who also plays for us (Southampton), but I’m hardly to be expected to trawl through everyone’s post history!!

Edit: If it’s actually Charlie Redmond, would any of you know if he gets any spares for Croker that he’d sell cheap.

Why would you have to pester players for tickets? You can buy them from the website. Still tickets available for Derby and Everton games .

https://southamptonfc.com/tickets/match-tickets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Told Dennis Irwin to "go out and prove himself".

That really was an idiotic thing to say.

Imagine having a player of Irwins talent now in the squad.

yabadabado wrote: »
    That really was an idiotic thing to say.

Imagine having a player of Irwins talent now in the squad.

It worked. He did. I think the converse, saying X will be picked no matter what, is much worse.

It was a time when we had Staunton, Kelly and Kenna at Blackburn vying for 2 full back slots..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

sugarman wrote: »
    Im not a fan of Celtic or the SPL but I don't think it is, he's 31 this year and Everton are a midtable team the last few years challenging for piss all in any compitition. A move to Celtic would at least bring him some silverware while getting to play in CL and EL. Might be a change of scenery he needs.

The SPL is a massive step down from premier league football both in terms of quality and exposure. It would be a backwards step in his career whatever way you slice it. He'd also have to cut his wages substantially so I don't think it's a goer personally.

Why would you have to pester players for tickets? You can buy them from the website. Still tickets available for Derby and Everton games .

https://southamptonfc.com/tickets/match-tickets

Like Seaman vs Nayim!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

On Sky Sports tonight from 7 & over the weekend there's a International Masters tournament on including an Irish team. Might be worth a look.

Niall Quinn, McAteer, Babb, Harte, Carsley, Hunt etc playing for Ireland.

https://twitter.com/StarSixes

• Advertisement

Stevecw wrote: »
    On Sky Sports tonight from 7 & over the weekend there's a International Masters tournament on including an Irish team. Might be worth a look.

Also Richie Partridge (most famous for being Michael Owens brother in Law) and Tim Dittmer (no idea who he is).

Hunt isn't in the squad on the website.

Rest of the World squad looks unreal!! Mendieta, Pires, Okotcha, Baia, Albertz, Van Hooijidonk, Negri, Petrov, R. De Boer

• Registered Users Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Stevecw wrote: »

Also Richie Partridge (most famous for being Michael Owens brother in Law) and Tim Dittmer (no idea who he is).

Hunt isn't in the squad on the website.

Rest of the World squad looks unreal!! Mendieta, Pires, Okotcha, Baia, Albertz, Van Hooijidonk, Negri, Petrov, R. De Boer
    updated squads from twitter

https://twitter.com/StarSixes/status/1081117567337578497

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,304 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Who's Tim Dittner in nets for Ireland? :confused:

Head of goalkeeping at the FA according to his twitter, Shay must be busy this weekend

That confused me too & he seems to be some kind of GK development coach with the FA. No links with us at all from what I see.
    You'd think they'd have managed to get some random Irish keeper to play instead if all the main lads weren't available/interested.

Surely 1 of Nick Colgan/Keith Branagan/Paddy Kenny/Dean Kiely or even Gary Rogers who was in a squad or 2 could have stepped up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I think all those mentioned above are involved in football day to day so probably can't be involved in this tournament. Most of the players involved seem to be pundits etc.

• Advertisement

Haha Steven Hunt losing his mind there! 1st yellow of the tournament in 3rd game

Hunt sent off,only he could do it in a thing like this!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Redmond goal assisted by Long, wouldn't mind that for us (Are we allowed say that)

Mushy wrote: »
    Redmond goal assisted by Long, wouldn't mind that for us (Are we allowed say that)

Whose us .................;)

Maguire made his comeback for Preston today. Burke hooked for Browne at HT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Gael85

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Zico !

Gael85 wrote: »

Great not even the 5 a side team is Irish :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,304 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

https://twitter.com/ODDSbible/status/1081986933620961281

McAteer & Owen having a bit of argy bargy, worth the watch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Can see why Mcateer is going mad now. Just turned it on, lads saying he's right to be aggrieved. At least it means nothing.

Quinn had an hilarious miss too

Is it me or does that video look like a game of FIFA ! It just doesn't look real!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

No backing down from McAteer in his interview or on Twitter, you'd have to imagine current players would talk like this a lot more if it wasn't for the fines

https://streamable.com/d4cet

https://twitter.com/MCATEER4/status/1082007275366158342

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Zico !

https://twitter.com/ODDSbible/status/1081986933620961281

McAteer & Owen having a bit of argy bargy, worth the watch

Owen turning into a fat blob

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Zico ! wrote: »
    Owen turning into a fat blob

You mis-spelled Harte!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭siblers

It was a joke not to send Owen off, was watching it when it happened live. Quinn was awfully pissed off too in the post match interview

• Advertisement

siblers wrote: »
    It was a joke not to send Owen off, was watching it when it happened live. Quinn was awfully pissed off too in the post match interview

And James should have gone in the final too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Burnley’s Jimmy Dunne should be joining Sunderland in a few days.

He has a couple of caps for the 21’s and was on loan at Hearts the first half of the season.

Anyone know much about him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,989 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Paully D wrote: »
    Burnley’s Jimmy Dunne should be joining Sunderland in a few days.

He has a couple of caps for the 21’s and was on loan at Hearts the first half of the season.

Anyone know much about him?

Would be a great loan signing for Sunderland. Was very good during his loan spell with Hearts and formed a good partnership with John Souttar while there. From some of the games I watched he looks comfortable on the ball when playing out from defence but is also a physically strong player. Can play on either the left or right, started off as the lcb and moved over to rcb when Souttar was out injured.

Was hoping he'd get a loan move to a Championship club but seems Sunderland are pushing for automatic promotion so might be a good move and then get a full season with them at Championship level if they get promoted and Burnley want him to get more first team experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Would be a great loan signing for Sunderland. Was very good during his loan spell with Hearts and formed a good partnership with John Souttar while there. From some of the games I watched he looks comfortable on the ball when playing out from defence but is also a physically strong player. Can play on either the left or right, started off as the lcb and moved over to rcb when Souttar was out injured.

Was hoping he'd get a loan move to a Championship club but seems Sunderland are pushing for automatic promotion so might be a good move and then get a full season with them at Championship level if they get promoted and Burnley want him to get more first team experience.

Thanks for the information. Sounds promising!

CB is the one area we really need to strengthen in and have been caught out a few times this season there with injury and suspension. We also need to get much more physically stronger in the position as our current starting CB’s, while fine, are not the strongest and have tendancy to get bullied a little.

The backup CB’s have cost us points a few times when called upon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Don't rate Dunne. He is very average. League 1 is his level

• Registered Users Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

That was Stephen Ward I think, played up front for Bohs.

In other news Cillian Sherdian has signed for Wellington Phoenix in the A League, probably him effectively finished in an Ireland shirt but fair play to him.

He'll do well there. A good signing for the Nux.

Came on for his debut with 25 mins remaining vs Western Sydney Wanderers. He set up his team's second goal to put them 2-1 up. Then played a lovely flick in the build up to his team's third goal to win the game 3-2. Impressive debut.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,939 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

Stoke sack their manager. Could be seeing that other lad back in management now. what's this his name is....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,111 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Stoke sack their manager. Could be seeing that other lad back in management now. what's this his name is....

Mourinho?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭Sin City

I see Rice has scored his first goal for West Ham

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,481 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Sin City wrote: »

about time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

Does he want to be Irish yet??? Or is he English today???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭franglan

Nice little finished today - leaning back. Played well today - becoming more and more essential to the irons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭Sin City

Until he says otherwise he is still Irish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,794 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

There’s an Irish flag before his name on the team sheet graphic on sky sports. Therefore he’ll defo declare for Ireland :cool:
    Accents English as fook though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Long scored? We are in the end times.

Wish Rice had chosen a few months down the line to hit such a rich vein of form. Don't think he's going Ireland's way.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Long scored? We are in the end times.

Wish Rice had chosen a few months down the line to hit such a rich vein of form. Don't think he's going Ireland's way.

If he could climb down off his ego and let us know at least.

His uncle Ben will be so proud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,481 ✭✭✭pgj2015

His last 4 goals have come under 4 different managers :pac:

you sure? I didn't think teams had managers the last time he scored.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I see Southampton gave a new contract extension to Kilkenny teenager Thomas O'Connor who is a defender.

https://twitter.com/SouthamptonFC/status/1083771111714811905

Don't know anything about him but hopefully he can get some games like Obafemi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Southampton manager singling out “Longy” in his post match interview there

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement