Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Republic of Ireland Team Talk/News/Rumours 2018/19

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Hilarious. He has to pay his employer €100k to aid cash flow, but its no problem that he’s paid nearly €400k per annum. ****ing jokeshop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Such a rinky-dink organisation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Cash flow and profit are two seperate things. It is possible for this situation to occur.

If the loan was received in April and paid in June it does not have to appear in their accounts as at 31st December.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭galwaylad14

Is it not strange that their turnover in both years is the same?

Surely be expecting it to be lot higher in 2016 when we were in the Euros?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,325 ✭✭✭howiya

The_B_Man wrote: »
    Why not? He's doin nothing for the LOI. I doubt he has any impact on the international teams either. He's a business man who's only looking at the bottom line for the FAI, in my opinion.

As for who to replace him, it would be silly to expect anyone on boards to have, not only a list of the senior staff in the FAI, but access to their CVs to be able to assess each person.

The point is, Delaney isn't doing anything for the LOI. If he could somehow be forced out on that basis, then whoever replaces him might think "well he was ditched for ignoring the LOI, maybe if I wanna keep my job I better have a look at it!".

Worst case scenario, we get a carbon copy of Delaney, which is still better coz at least we tried. Any other scenario with his replacement, we get someone who at least has a look at the LOI.

No fan of Delaney but anyone who thinks his fate or the fate of any of his successors would hang on what the FAI do for the LOI is seriously deluded.

The sooner the clubs break away from FAI and the running of the league has its own budget and income the better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

howiya wrote: »
    No fan of Delaney but anyone who thinks his fate or the fate of any of his successors would hang on what the FAI do for the LOI is seriously deluded.

The sooner the clubs break away from FAI and the running of the league has its own budget and income the better.

You do realise the FAI or better said the national team are not allowed to compete without the LOI???

Added to that nearly every minor organisation world wide, which the FAI is, supports or runs its national league in the interests of the national team. Problem within the FAI is they believe they are managing something bigger than they are and rely completely on English clubs doing the work for them.

You do realise the FAI or better said the national team are not allowed to compete without the LOI???

Added to that nearly every minor organisation world wide, which the FAI is, supports or runs its national league in the interests of the national team. Problem within the FAI is they believe they are managing something bigger than they are and rely completely on English clubs doing the work for them.

You’re missing the point. The post I replied was on about Delaney losing out because he does nothing for the LOI. That’s not the political reality within the FAI. I’d say there’s schoolboy leagues with more influence. How many votes do the LOI clubs have at an FAI agm??

The clubs really need to manage the league themselves for anything to improve. As long as they stay within the FAI they’re competing for scraps.

You’re missing the point. The post I replied was on about Delaney losing out because he does nothing for the LOI. That’s not the political reality within the FAI. I’d say there’s schoolboy leagues with more influence. How many votes do the LOI clubs have at an FAI agm??

The clubs really need to manage the league themselves for anything to improve. As long as they stay within the FAI they’re competing for scraps.

OK I accept your point and have 100% the same opinion that the FAI shouldnt be within an asses roar of the LOI on a management side of things. However they are there, have sole control and should be doing more than they are....

On a more interesting note....JD in the papers this morning for €100,000 loan he gave to the FAI. Problem is....is didnt show up in the books when they were submitted.

• Advertisement

TheCitizen wrote: »
    I think you’re right there Tod. Sound like a bunch of fair weather fans to me. If we get to the Euros they’ll be back
    At exactly the same time as the team ate s**t.

Delaney has been around for a decade at least, and everyone has known what he is like.

Why not a few years ago ?

Why now ?

Read the papers this morning lads??? Fair weather fans still going to support an organisation which is clearly corrupt??? Difference today is with social media nothing is being brushed under a mat like it wass a few years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

fullstop wrote: »
    Hilarious. He has to pay his employer €100k to aid cash flow, but its no problem that he’s paid nearly €400k per annum. ****ing jokeshop.

€400k per annum + expenses.

The job the FAI do depends entirely on how the national team plays. That hasn't been good enough. The vast majority of our players are trained and brought up through the English system.

Look how rugby nurtures and produces talent year after year for the national team. While also retaining nearly all of them here, so the cycle of quality keeps turning.

The GAA are so well organised they could probably take over the government if they wanted.

The FAI do sweet FA in comparison. They did a switcheroo with putting Kenny in charge of the under 21's for 2 years and McCarthy stepping aside then. All optics to distract the media and fans away from the real problems. Hanging the whole success of our team on Rice and Grealish who are English born is embarrassing. (sorry for the long post)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

https://twitter.com/SpursOfficial/status/1107204930018787328

Just watching Keane's highlight reel from Spurs. Fcuk me, it's easy to forget how much of a talent he was. The shít he got from fans was and is absolutely outrageous. We'd kill for someone with half his awareness now.

OK I accept your point and have 100% the same opinion that the FAI shouldnt be within an asses roar of the LOI on a management side of things. However they are there, have sole control and should be doing more than they are....

For the FAI to do more for the LOI they have to do less for all of the other components of Irish football under their administration. That’s the financial reality.

Somebody will come along and say cut Delaney’s salary and there’s €200k that could be spent on the league. Schoolboy leagues, junior leagues etc will also want their share of that €200k.

Remember this is an organisation that needed a loan of €100k to manage it's cash flow. Is it really in a position to do more?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,426 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

But was it not the case that the LOI was a separate entity from the FAI until about a decade ago.

I'm almost sure the FAI only took over the running of it realatively recently.

And before the FAI took over it was no better than it is now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

Duff wrote: »

Just watching Keane's highlight reel from Spurs. Fcuk me, it's easy to forget how much of a talent he was. The shít he got from fans was and is absolutely outrageous. We'd kill for someone with half his awareness now.

We're never going to get another Keane unfortunately. That goes for both of Keanes. They were one offs. Surely they are both number 1? Given that, I'm not old enough to remember Brady play.

• Advertisement

For the FAI to do more for the LOI they have to do less for all of the other components of Irish football under their administration. That’s the financial reality.

Somebody will come along and say cut Delaney’s salary and there’s €200k that could be spent on the league. Schoolboy leagues, junior leagues etc will also want their share of that €200k.

Remember this is an organisation that needed a loan of €100k to manage it's cash flow. Is it really in a position to do more?

For the FAI to do more for the LOI would incorporate that they do marketing to attract more interest, force a TV deal by saying you dont get the national team games unless....

Cutting JDs salary by 50% still pays him too much. The money earned by the FAI as a whole are being channeled wrongly for years. The FAI has to be dissolved on paper, the old guard sent packing and professionals have to put in place who are held responsible for their actions through 100% transparancy.

If you believe the FAI needed 100K off JD for cash flow.....look out the window...see any pigs flying??? Banks would hand that sort of money over without any problems, why didnt they lift the phone??....looks more like someone trying to hide money or as he will spin it...it was resting in the accounts of the FAI until I got the divorce sorted out.

The big question is still out....why wont the FAI release their full accounts or take questions from the press without handpicking the journalists at the AGM???

But was it not the case that the LOI was a separate entity from the FAI until about a decade ago.

I'm almost sure the FAI only took over the running of it realatively recently.

And before the FAI took over it was no better than it is now.

Correct, the FAI took full control it over years back to prevent it from going bust. That is my very point.....they own it, need it and are not willing to invest in it....

Why you may ask.....

Without the LOI the FAI couldnt sent the national team to anything. They are dependant on them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,989 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

If you believe that then I'm the queen of England.

For the FAI to do more for the LOI would incorporate that they do marketing to attract more interest, force a TV deal by saying you dont get the national team games unless....

Cutting JDs salary by 50% still pays him too much. The money earned by the FAI as a whole are being channeled wrongly for years. The FAI has to be dissolved on paper, the old guard sent packing and professionals have to put in place who are held responsible for their actions through 100% transparancy.

If you believe the FAI needed 100K off JD for cash flow.....look out the window...see any pigs flying??? Banks would hand that sort of money over without any problems, why didnt they lift the phone??....looks more like someone trying to hide money or as he will spin it...it was resting in the accounts of the FAI until I got the divorce sorted out.

The big question is still out....why wont the FAI release their full accounts or take questions from the press without handpicking the journalists at the AGM???

National team qualifiers are listed events so the FAI don’t have the bargaining power you think. What’s the next big idea??

Correct, the FAI took full control it over years back to prevent it from going bust. That is my very point.....they own it, need it and are not willing to invest in it....

Why you may ask.....

Without the LOI the FAI couldnt sent the national team to anything. They are dependant on them.

Well a national league needs to exist for an international team to exist.

But I don't think who owns or runs it is important to FIFA.

So the LOI clubs could take control of the LOI and the international team would not be affected.

However to the other posters point, the league ran itself until not that long ago and had to be taken over to prevent it going out of business, so why does anyone think that being run by the clubs is going to improve things.

People seem to have these idealistic notions of what the LOI should be.

In reality it's a small league in a small market, overshadowed by a much bigger league and where an indigenous sport has a far bigger reach across the country.

• Advertisement

If you believe that then I'm the queen of England.

Ok it’s an organisation that’s saying it needed a loan of €100k.

The general point doesn’t change. LOI fans want more done for the LOI. Political realities of the FAI mean it’s more beneficial to help other areas of the game. Maybe it’s time clubs did more.

How many people did LOI clubs convince to part with their money on Friday?

National team qualifiers are listed events so the FAI don’t have the bargaining power you think. What’s the next big idea??

Of course they are listed events but the FAI are in a position to sell/influence where the games are shown, Sky Sports could put it Free to Air in the Rep. on one of their sub channels for example, likewise where away games.....friendlies are shown...their is your bargaining power. Why not say to Sky...you can have all our friendlies if you show 1 LOI game per week in the off season in the UK??? How did the IFA get their TV deal, did Sky ring them up and say your a great bunch of lads lets show a few games??

The problem within the FAI is very simple....its all done behind closed doors and seems to be strictly deals with mates at all costs. If the FAI were transparent fans would be able to accept things a lot easier than when its all dagger and cloak stuff.

Ok it’s an organisation that’s saying it needed a loan of €100k.

The general point doesn’t change. LOI fans want more done for the LOI. Political realities of the FAI mean it’s more beneficial to help other areas of the game. Maybe it’s time clubs did more.

How many people did LOI clubs convince to part with their money on Friday?

Why didnt they ring their bank to get the loan??? For an organisation like the FAI such a loan would be agreed on the phone and the same person who lodged the money could have signed the paperwork in the bank. Either way someone had to walk down the road to the bank.....

Added to that...why wasnt the loan in the audited company accounts???

As for the clubs doing more....why should the clubs promote a league that they dont own or profit from as the FAI pocket a share of the income. What are the FAI doing with the club fees???

Added to that a number of clubs approached the FAI to see if streaming was possible....FAI said now. TV deal with RTE....where is the money from that deal going as it clearly aint going to the LOI

Of course they are listed events but the FAI are in a position to sell/influence where the games are shown, Sky Sports could put it Free to Air in the Rep. on one of their sub channels for example, likewise where away games.....friendlies are shown...their is your bargaining power. Why not say to Sky...you can have all our friendlies if you show 1 LOI game per week in the off season in the UK??? How did the IFA get their TV deal, did Sky ring them up and say your a great bunch of lads lets show a few games??

The problem within the FAI is very simple....its all done behind closed doors and seems to be strictly deals with mates at all costs. If the FAI were transparent fans would be able to accept things a lot easier than when its all dagger and cloak stuff.

On average there is a LOI game live on free TV every second week. (36 rounds in LOI season, 18 games on RTE)

Did you know that ?

On average there is a LOI game live on free TV every second week. (36 rounds in LOI season, 18 games on RTE)

Did you know that ?

Christ thats news Ted....when was the last game on the box??? What benifit have the clubs from the deal??? What money if any is being paid to the FAI?? Are RTE paying for international games??? If yes what are they paying for LOI games or is it all included in 1 deal???

Fact is and remains.......no one outside the FAI knows whats going on and that is not healthy for any organisation which is partially funded by public money.

Why didnt they ring their bank to get the loan??? For an organisation like the FAI such a loan would be agreed on the phone and the same person who lodged the money could have signed the paperwork in the bank. Either way someone had to walk down the road to the bank.....

Added to that...why wasnt the loan in the audited company accounts???

As for the clubs doing more....why should the clubs promote a league that they dont own or profit from as the FAI pocket a share of the income. What are the FAI doing with the club fees???

Added to that a number of clubs approached the FAI to see if streaming was possible....FAI said now. TV deal with RTE....where is the money from that deal going as it clearly aint going to the LOI

The clubs should be promoting themselves, not the league. The clubs benefit from increased gate receipts. I was at a game the other night that had more empty seats than it had people at the game.

I don’t know much about accounting but if the “loan” was fully repaid by the date of the accounts why would you include it?

The clubs should be promoting themselves, not the league. The clubs benefit from increased gate receipts. I was at a game the other night that had more empty seats than it had people at the game.

I don’t know much about accounting but if the “loan” was fully repaid by the date of the accounts why would you include it?

Clubs do promote themselves on a local level....but it would be the role of the FAI to do it on a national level....maybe reach those potential fans who are not living close to a club but like football.

Basics of accounting...any monies coming or out should be recorded.

Funny here nothing was recorded and if it was as innocent as its being made out why did they try to block its publishing??? Surely a statement along the lines of....JD gave us moeny for X on as we had a problem in our accounts due to unpaid....
    No instead yet again the FAI went to court and spent close to 30k trying to prevent it becoming public knowledge. Leaves a sour taste...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Duff wrote: »

I agree with this but he over stayed his welcome with the Irish team, he was a passenger for the last 2 or 3 years with the Irish team.

it is a pity he didn't finish off his career playing in LOI, why bother playing in India?

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Zico !

Robbie was a boyhood fan of that club in India it was always his dream to play with them

Clubs do promote themselves on a local level....but it would be the role of the FAI to do it on a national level....maybe reach those potential fans who are not living close to a club but like football.

Basics of accounting...any monies coming or out should be recorded.

Funny here nothing was recorded and if it was as innocent as its being made out why did they try to block its publishing??? Surely a statement along the lines of....JD gave us moeny for X on as we had a problem in our accounts due to unpaid....
    No instead yet again the FAI went to court and spent close to 30k trying to prevent it becoming public knowledge. Leaves a sour taste...

How was nothing recorded? The Sunday Times say they’ve seen the cheque. So it’s on a bank statement somewhere. Individual cash payments don’t feature in published accounts. They don’t go into that detail. You’d have a bulk figure for cash at bank, liabilities etc.

However as the loan was repaid before year end I think it’s completely normal that it wasn’t in their published accounts. That’s where the normality ends. Hopefully the ST keep digging.

Anyway you’ve proved my point that LOI fans are more interested in pointing the finger at the FAI rather than looking at the clubs themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Interesting to hear this, it sounds very familiar as a follower of football in NI.

Irish League clubs breaking away from the IFA to form NIFL was one of the best things they've done.

IFA seemed to have a similar view on the league that the FAI have on the LOI, it was sort of run in a half-arsed manner, and the tail was able to wag the dog (junior clubs had way too much influence over senior clubs).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Christy Browne

Christ thats news Ted....when was the last game on the box??? What benifit have the clubs from the deal??? What money if any is being paid to the FAI?? Are RTE paying for international games??? If yes what are they paying for LOI games or is it all included in 1 deal???

Fact is and remains.......no one outside the FAI knows whats going on and that is not healthy for any organisation which is partially funded by public money.

Eh just because you don’t know what’s going on doesn’t mean nobody outside the FAI does.

Last game on the box was Dundalk vs Sligo on the first day of the season. The clubs get no benefit, in fact they lose money on attendance. RTÉ pay for international games and LOI together in one deal because of FAI refusing to sell the rights without including LOI.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭D14Rugby

Did you know that ?

No there isn't. That's just a outright lie.

Those 18 games include cup games. Did you know that?

D14Rugby wrote: »
    No there isn't. That's just a outright lie.

Those 18 games include cup games. Did you know that?

Eir Sport show a good few games as well in fairness, it probably does average out close enough to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭D14Rugby

Eir Sport show a good few games as well in fairness, it probably does average out close enough to that.

Eir isn't free TV though.

How was nothing recorded? The Sunday Times say they’ve seen the cheque. So it’s on a bank statement somewhere. Individual cash payments don’t feature in published accounts. They don’t go into that detail. You’d have a bulk figure for cash at bank, liabilities etc.

However as the loan was repaid before year end I think it’s completely normal that it wasn’t in their published accounts. That’s where the normality ends. Hopefully the ST keep digging.

Anyway you’ve proved my point that LOI fans are more interested in pointing the finger at the FAI rather than looking at the clubs themselves.

I am pointing a finger.....this man and the people around him are managing public monies and are clearly doing as they wish and that being answerable to no on.

As for the accounting side of things....off you go and read up on it. 110% sure it should have been mentioned in the audited accounts, it didnt and makes one ask the question what else is being fiddled. Doesnt matter how you may want to twist it....JD is CEO and is 100% accountable for such actions. This action is misleading and potentially criminal. If it was your local craftsman he would be in court for all sorts.

Add to this a long list of other scandals...be it IRA songs, ticket scandals, searching and heavy policing of their own fans.....

Eh just because you don’t know what’s going on doesn’t mean nobody outside the FAI does.

Last game on the box was Dundalk vs Sligo on the first day of the season. The clubs get no benefit, in fact they lose money on attendance. RTÉ pay for international games and LOI together in one deal because of FAI refusing to sell the rights without including LOI.

I happen to have a little more insight than most here I would imagine due to my job with one of their major sponsors and through having friends who own a LOI club.

Take RTE for example, clubs told that they are not paying for the rights to LOI games, showing them for free and losing money when doing it. Then when challenged to allow the clubs live stream games it came out that RTE would block it due to contracts with the FAI....doesnt add up I am affraid, or has the FAI signed a contract for the LOI rights without any payment???

What clubs lose on attendance money for games they could easily regain or increase with marketing if they could plan with X amount of games being on national tv at the start of the season.

My point at the end of the day is very simple.....no transparency for clubs nor fans, the FAI yet again negitively in the press and again everything will be brushed under the carpet and nothing will change.

D14Rugby wrote: »
    Eir isn't free TV though.

Fair :P

I am pointing a finger.....this man and the people around him are managing public monies and are clearly doing as they wish and that being answerable to no on.

As for the accounting side of things....off you go and read up on it. 110% sure it should have been mentioned in the audited accounts, it didnt and makes one ask the question what else is being fiddled. Doesnt matter how you may want to twist it....JD is CEO and is 100% accountable for such actions. This action is misleading and potentially criminal. If it was your local craftsman he would be in court for all sorts.

Add to this a long list of other scandals...be it IRA songs, ticket scandals, searching and heavy policing of their own fans.....

I happen to have a little more insight than most here I would imagine due to my job with one of their major sponsors and through having friends who own a LOI club.

Take RTE for example, clubs told that they are not paying for the rights to LOI games, showing them for free and losing money when doing it. Then when challenged to allow the clubs live stream games it came out that RTE would block it due to contracts with the FAI....doesnt add up I am affraid, or has the FAI signed a contract for the LOI rights without any payment???

What clubs lose on attendance money for games they could easily regain or increase with marketing if they could plan with X amount of games being on national tv at the start of the season.

My point at the end of the day is very simple.....no transparency for clubs nor fans, the FAI yet again negitively in the press and again everything will be brushed under the carpet and nothing will change.

If you are 110% sure you'll be able to point to the relevant accounting standard/rule.

I've put forward reasons why I think it wouldn't feature in the published accounts. Perhaps you could do the same.

If you are 110% sure you'll be able to point to the relevant accounting standard/rule.

I've put forward reasons why I think it wouldn't feature in the published accounts. Perhaps you could do the same.

Simple reason is any company which gets a loan or takes in money whereever it comes from as a loan would have to include it in the current or non current liabilities section of their accounts. Furthermore it would also have to be included it in its accounts as an outgoing cost to balance the books.

Without the double entry system the accounts wouldnt add up nor would I imagine is it legal to withhold such information from the tax office. Conpanies simpily cannot borrow a few bob from a mate.....without it going into the accounts.

• Advertisement

The balance sheet is at 31st December. The loan was in and out between April and June. So it would not be shown on the balance sheet of the FAI at 31/12/2017.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭Sparko

What about the related party transactions disclosure in the notes to the accounts - I'm a bit rusty but thought that they might have been required to add a note there to say something along the lines of "During the year the company received a loan of €100,000 from John Delaney, company director. This loan was repaid during the period and the balance due at year end was nil."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,001 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Sparko wrote: »
    What about the related party transactions disclosure in the notes to the accounts - I'm a bit rusty but thought that they might have been required to add a note there to say something along the lines of "During the year the company received a loan of €100,000 from John Delaney, company director. This loan was repaid during the period and the balance due at year end was nil."

It sounds like a bit of a story - but he may get out of it if it as he has described and he is tax clear.

Surely the irony will not be lost. That one of the best paid Football men in the world had to pay back money to an organisation paying him , to keep them ticking over.

:eek:

All sounds a bit familiar......:rolleyes::rolleyes:

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/fai-treasurer-met-110-000-shortfall-1.31608

Joe related...;);)

JD is certainly a related party. But auditors must have felt it was not significant enough to call it out. It was fairly temporary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,989 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Tut tut, all these people given John a hard time after he gave the FAI a loan out of the goodness of his heart. Question now is, how badly run is the FAI that it has that kind of cash flow problem and needs voluntary donations from staff members? Like I mean, whose in charg........ actually never mind nothing to see here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

Jack Byrne called up , good to see

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Why did Delaney go to court to get it blocked? It's hardly much of a story, and would be less so if he'd just let it happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

wadacrack wrote: »
    Jack Byrne called up , good to see

Surprised by that. The stories of him running the show.on Friday night in front of McCarthy must be close to the mark.

Why did Delaney go to court to get it blocked? It's hardly much of a story, and would be less so if he'd just let it happen.

Bigger question is who is paying the legal fees.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

The missus is an accountant and says its perfectly fine to pay a loan like that. Also it doesn't have to be mentioned in the books at the end of the year.

But read between the lines. The statement was put out on behalf of JD. That means the board and the accountants etc got together and came up with an excuse that is 100% above board. If its the truth then there's no issue. No reason to go to court either.

But they went to court. Spent loads on legal fees to hide something perfectly legal.

Long and short of it is that its a lie and something dodgy is being covered up. I've exactly zero proof of this, and it's purely opinion, and I imagine we'll never find out the truth.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement