Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Living in a caravan short-term

• 11-11-2017 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

i will soon be living in a caravan on a friends land short-term till i have enough money to afford to rent a decent place. i am concerned about:
    how do i use electricity and water?
    does the electricity not kill the battery or does it run like a petrol generator?
    what things will i be needing?

Comments

Hi Adrian,

Welcome to the forum,
    Adrian114 wrote: »
    i will soon be living in a caravan on a friends land short-term till i have enough money to afford to rent a decent place.:

Power to yer elbow!

how do i use electricity and water?

Same as normal. If you want to generate/source your own that's another matter.

If you can't dig a well then the next best option is haul it. My prefered method is a 1 ton cube on a trailer with a submersible pump. 4WD, flatbed trailer and water source recommended.
    It goes pretty far once you learn to conserve it.
    Drainage is another issue.
    Once this is in place I'd look at rain-water harvesting, that ought to meet the bulk of your needs if done right. If you're storing water a long time then I'd recommend looking at Ozone treatment.

does the electricity not kill the battery or does it run like a petrol generator?

If you limit your discharge to 50% of a lead acid traction battery it will last years, perhaps decades.
    what things will i be needing?

Livin' free ain't cheap.

433257.jpg

If you have decent wind exposure then a turbine might be a viable option too.

Advertisement