Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Customer Service Reaching New Lows

Options
  • 12-11-2017 12:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 27

I've been trying all week (across live chat, telephone calls and this forum) to get answer to the simple question of why Eir thinks I can not get fibre broadband. Tracey on this forum fobbed me off with a generic response a few days ago and then proceeded to ignore any further private messages/queries.

I had a new phone line connected earlier in the week, the same day as my next door neighbour. We both have the exact same infrastructure and are connected to the same fibre enabled exchange approx 400m away (700m along cables). My neighbour has high speed fibre now (as do all the other houses surrounding me, most further from the exchange). The engineer from KN has confirmed there is no technical reason why I cannot get fibre, but Eir will not investigate. The two reasons I keep hearing are 1) you are not in a fibre enabled area and 2) there may be no ports available in the cabinet. Both of the claims are demonstrably false with the KN engineer even coming back in his spare time to confirm only half the ports are in use in the cabinet I am connected to. The engineer also provided me with the exact cable path (with cabinet/junction numbers and ports in use) to ensure Eir are not using the records from 10 years ago when my house had a different line connected to a different exchange - however, no one will cross-reference what is on Eir's records against what the engineer has provided. 

I have a brand new line connected to a fibre enabled cabinet (with spare ports) a few hundred metres away - all my neighbours have fibre - all have the same infrastructure connecting them to the same cabinet. I (and KN Networks) can see no reason why Eir will not allow me order fibre broadband unless their records show my address has a line connected to an old cabinet several kilometres away (as it had circa 10 years ago).  

Can someone from Eir please take ownership of this issue and not fob me off with the two inaccurate claims (above)  that keep getting thrown at me? Even if there was a way to contact EirOpen or wholesale (or whatever they're called), I might be able to make progress in spite of you. Even the engineer from KN has given me his personal number and asked for Eir to ring him, because he is completely baffled. 

If someone with any genuine interest in customer service spent 10 minutes investigating this, we could get to the bottom of issue, but the 10-15 members of Eir staff I have talked to have merely fobbed me off or passed the buck (blaming another department, that inconveniently cannot be contacted).   

Is a complaint to comreg my only recourse at this point? Where else can I turn to get this matter investigated?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49 mikeingalway

Unfortunately, I think ComReg is the way to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

andholm wrote: »
    I've been trying all week (across live chat, telephone calls and this forum) to get answer to the simple question of why Eir thinks I can not get fibre broadband. Tracey on this forum fobbed me off with a generic response a few days ago and then proceeded to ignore any further private messages/queries.

I had a new phone line connected earlier in the week, the same day as my next door neighbour. We both have the exact same infrastructure and are connected to the same fibre enabled exchange approx 400m away (700m along cables). My neighbour has high speed fibre now (as do all the other houses surrounding me, most further from the exchange). The engineer from KN has confirmed there is no technical reason why I cannot get fibre, but Eir will not investigate. The two reasons I keep hearing are 1) you are not in a fibre enabled area and 2) there may be no ports available in the cabinet. Both of the claims are demonstrably false with the KN engineer even coming back in his spare time to confirm only half the ports are in use in the cabinet I am connected to. The engineer also provided me with the exact cable path (with cabinet/junction numbers and ports in use) to ensure Eir are not using the records from 10 years ago when my house had a different line connected to a different exchange - however, no one will cross-reference what is on Eir's records against what the engineer has provided. 

I have a brand new line connected to a fibre enabled cabinet (with spare ports) a few hundred metres away - all my neighbours have fibre - all have the same infrastructure connecting them to the same cabinet. I (and KN Networks) can see no reason why Eir will not allow me order fibre broadband unless their records show my address has a line connected to an old cabinet several kilometres away (as it had circa 10 years ago).  

Can someone from Eir please take ownership of this issue and not fob me off with the two inaccurate claims (above)  that keep getting thrown at me? Even if there was a way to contact EirOpen or wholesale (or whatever they're called), I might be able to make progress in spite of you. Even the engineer from KN has given me his personal number and asked for Eir to ring him, because he is completely baffled. 

If someone with any genuine interest in customer service spent 10 minutes investigating this, we could get to the bottom of issue, but the 10-15 members of Eir staff I have talked to have merely fobbed me off or passed the buck (blaming another department, that inconveniently cannot be contacted).   

Is a complaint to comreg my only recourse at this point? Where else can I turn to get this matter investigated?
    Hi andhiolm,

Sorry to hear you're experiencing issues trying to get fibre with us. I will respond to your PM about this.

- Adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Loueln

eir: Adam wrote: »
    andholm wrote: »

Hi andhiolm,

Sorry to hear you're experiencing issues trying to get fibre with us. I will respond to your PM about this.

- Adam
    We had a similar problem. On the old broadband our exchange was 7km even though the new fibre exchange box was 50metres down the road. The online people could not see this and were convinced we were with the old exchange, and refused to budge even when explained that neighbours had fibre installed with the new cable crossing our road frontage.
    With luck the right eir engineer when pointed to the box will set your right.
    Unfortunately for us eir then said our ducting was blocked and we needed to install ducting. ~The ducting wasn't blocked and a rival company hooked us up

Advertisement