Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gym in Wicklow

• 12-11-2017 8:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hello,

I am currently having physio for a knee injury and it has been suggested that I join a gym to aid in my rehabilitation. Somewhere with a pool would be ideal and wheelchair accessible as I am not very mobile. Has anyone had a good success with any gyms near Greystones / Delgany?

Thank-you,
    Celine.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Weatherwax63

Also somewhere that is good value for money.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Skyfloater

Shoreline has the chair that lowers you into the water, if needed. Check their website for prices etc.

Thank-you. Do you find it a nice place?

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Skyfloater

Yes, go in and have a look, they will be glad to show you around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭ballyargus

The shoreline is good but check their schedule. The pool is often taken up by kids, schools, or clubs. Frustrating as an after work gym goer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,026 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

also some people find Shoreline pool a little cold compared to the Glenview or Druids Glen (which I think is deliberate as its used more by clubs and other serious swimmers).

loyatemu wrote: »
    also some people find Shoreline pool a little cold compared to the Glenview or Druids Glen (which I think is deliberate as its used more by clubs and other serious swimmers).

I would like a nice warm one as cannot swim fast. Have you used all three please? Which would you recommend? I have heard that the Glenview is quite a dirty pool but also that it's warm!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,026 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

my other half prefers the Glenview because it's warmer; it's also less likely to be unavailable due to lessons or club activities. I've never heard anything about it being dirty. I've only used Shoreline locally, personally I don't think it's particularly cold - you'd have to try them out and compare.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Wicklow Will

loyatemu wrote: »
    my other half prefers the Glenview because it's warmer; it's also less likely to be unavailable due to lessons or club activities. I've never heard anything about it being dirty. I've only used Shoreline locally, personally I don't think it's particularly cold - you'd have to try them out and compare.

I, too, have been looking for a gym with pool for after work training and like a previous poster here found the schedule in the shoreline very limited with the pool taken up by kids, clubs etc. I’ll be interested to hear more about your experiences of the Glenview and I actually wasn’t aware that Druids Glen was open to non residents! So that’ll be worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭FirstIn

I think Shoreline pool is the longest of the three. The hotel pools are warmer. If you’re serious about swimming shoreline is best , a cooler pool is better. You’ve got to work round the classes alright. Though they do sometime have a number of swim lanes available even when classes are happening.
    Swimming , getting fit and eating well is important. However it could simply mean you end up spending more years in your nursing home staring at the walls! Just a thought.

• Advertisement

So far Shoreline is coming in at the best value. Hopefully it works out.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Wicklow Will

Does anyone know what are the Druid’s Glen membership rates? They don’t display them on their website, you have to ring them which is a pain...

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭FirstIn

Does anyone know what are the Druid’s Glen membership rates? They don’t display them on their website, you have to ring them which is a pain...

Ah the path to hell is paved with good intentions at this time of year! I was a member , nice gym , opening hours very good but pool too warm. It was 600 a year when I was there with a 10% discount from year x , I can’t recall what year x was perhaps 3 years , bringing it down to 540.

Advertisement