Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One month in Boston - advice please :)

Options
  • 12-11-2017 9:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

Hi,

I'll be spending a month in Boston from 18th Nov - 20th Dec. I'll be working office hours, but have my evenings and weekends free. I'm looking for advice on what to do / see along the way :) For thanksgiving, I've a friend visiting for the weekend. We are keen to see the parade, then possibly go to NY on Black Friday for the weekend - will it be chaos to do this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,438 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

There will be a lot of visitors in NYC for the weekend (Thu/Fri/Sat) so you might have a problem getting a hotel room for only the Friday and Saturday nights. I assume that you will be flying down, there will be no problem going down on Friday but getting home on Sunday probably will be 'chaos' as the airports will be jammers.

As to advice on what to do & see in Boston during your month there, your best guides will be the locals you will be working with. You especially need to factor in the weather so beware of getting advice from Irish armchair travellers who don't know what the weather is like in the US NE during December.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,242 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Hi OP

Nice time of the year to be going to that part of the world.

It will be cold but the really bad snow etc usually don't happen until January and February.

Certainly go to NYC, it's a must see.

I'd also go up to NH or VT and try skiing, there are lots of resorts in easy reach of Boston for day trips.

You could even venture up to Montreal for a weekend, it's only about a 4 hours drive and a really nice city.

For outlet shopping try Wrentham in southern MA, North Conway in NH or Kittery in ME, just over the NH border.

You could combine a shopping and ski trip in North Conway NH.

Advertisement