Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help with bike choice

Options
  • 12-11-2017 10:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭

hi folks,

I am wondering if anyone could help me.
    I am looking to buy a new bike, I know what I want but not what I am looking for, ( if that makes sense )

10km commute ew daily.
    I find flat bar road bikes much too tough on my wrists, but I like the quick sporty feel.
    I find Dublin bikes very comfortable but weight a ton.
    I also have to have disc breaks and ability to load panniers

Anyone any idea what bike or range I should be looking at ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭D13exile

Any of the hybrid road bikes would suit you as they combine the looks of a road bike with a more upright seating position. I'm a Trek fan myself and they do a good selection of hybrids with disc brakes. Pop into your local cycle shop and see what they have on offer. You could also consider buying second hand where you'll get a great bike at half the cost of a new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭KFed

D13exile wrote: »
    Any of the hybrid road bikes would suit you as they combine the looks of a road bike with a more upright seating position. I'm a Trek fan myself and they do a good selection of hybrids with disc brakes. Pop into your local cycle shop and see what they have on offer. You could also consider buying second hand where you'll get a great bike at half the cost of a new one.

I got a giant rapid zero earlier in the year. Flat bar hybrid, alu frame carbon fork amd seat post, disc brakes, 105 components, largely. I find it brilliant for commuting and cover a similar commuting distance to yourself. It isnt cheap, 1,250 i paid new but got it on the bike to work and i ride it m-f all year round so can justify it.
    Would highly recommend a hybrid if you cycle in city traffic.

Advertisement